Gaming and the home button... always accidentally tripping, disable home button?Tips

Last Updated:

1. handsomepants

handsomepants New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 18, 2010
    I'm a gamer, and I love my new evo for everything else so far.. I'm confident I will love it for gaming once the 30fps cap is lifted (please please please please plEASE!) and I fix this one problem...

Whenever I'm playing a game with a "virtual controller", i.e. phone sideways with d pad on left and buttons on right side of screen, I inevitably find myself tripping the "home" key within minutes of starting any game that requires a controller. This of course kicks me to my home page, and with most games any progress is lost. I can't imagine that no one else is having this problem, as it even happens with texting from time to time, but I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem.

This is reallllly irritating as in any game with oft-pressed controls on the lower right side of the screen, i'm pretty much guaranteed to kick myself out to my home screen within 3 minutes of starting a game.

What's the best way to address this? Is there a way to temporarily disable the home button? change controls to a hold? Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!

2. facemymusic

facemymusic Member

Jun 20, 2010
    I kind of have this problem, too. I have REALLY small hands, so it's extra difficult for me to navigate my Evo. Anytime I use the phone vertically, I aways trip the Search button. Anyway to disable any of the buttons at a given time? Like a toggle on/off feature?