Gaming Mice

Last Updated:

1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Any recommendations?

I'm currently using the Logitech G9, but I've had it about 6 years and it's basically falling to pieces.

I'd like something that is quite hefty in the hand and has a bit of weight to it. I'm not overly fussed about whether its wired or not. I'd like it to be programmable, but that's not a major factor and I'm looking to spend circa

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Razer Orochi or Deathadder.

I guess it will depend on your preference, but here's a link.

Link: Razer
    El Presidente likes this.
  3. TurtleRunner

TurtleRunner Well-Known Member

Currently using the Razor Deathadder and I love it.
    Before that i was using a Logitech MX 510 for over 7 years.
    El Presidente likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I use a... "Forest firedrake Game mouse", "Gmaes Way Fully Controlled By You". "Made in China". Can play Solitaire and Minesweeper really well.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. El Presidente

I'm definitely leaning towards a razor of some sort. I asked the same question on FB and most of the suggestions are Razor
  6. NYCHitman1

You could always go with Logitech too. They make a great product, but I will agree that Razor seems to be the favorite among gaming keyboard/mice.
    Mehta23 likes this.
  7. DraastiK

DraastiK Member

i currently have the Razer Abyssus. Amazing for the price I paid. It's not a 293490234 button mouse. you can switch the DPI on the bottom of the mouse and has two frequency settings, even though it's wired.
  8. NYCHitman1

If I didn't require a wireless setup, I would definitely have wired. I feel that they are more responsive, and less prone to any typing/mouse errors. However, I've always used Logitech products with no major issues.
  9. DraastiK

DraastiK Member

I have to agree with Hitman, if you don't need wireless, try to avoid it. I had a wireless mouse and keyboard for a long time. After I switched to wired, I should have made the switch earlier.
  10. El Presidente

11. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I have the Deathadder and it is pretty good. I know with Razer you just need to be careful because sometimes you will get a product that will last years, and sometimes you will get one that lasts days, so don't be too upset if you need to replace it :(
  12. Mehta23

Mehta23 Well-Known Member

Logitech G500 at £35-40
  13. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

I'm currently using a G9 as well (wish I had the G9x). How does the Razor compare?
  14. El Presidente

I ended up asking Santa for it, so I've only just started messing about. It seems pretty nice so far. The G9 is a bit weightier which I think I prefer, but the Imperator is a better fit and comfier. It took as while to download, but aside from issues with the razer download/support site, the Razer software seems a little easier to configure too.

I'm just about to fire in to Crysis, see how it performs. Overall though, I'm impressed. :)
  15. EVGA_RobB

EVGA_RobB Active Member

Nice, I love Razer products. I am still using a Copperhead from 5 or 6 years ago! I also use a Razer Black Widow Ultimate for my keyboard. I couldn't live without it now, it's fantastic. I can't comment on any of the current mice, but I will be getting a Taipan soon.
    alostpacket likes this.
  16. runekey

runekey Active Member

EVGA_RobB likes this.
  17. Mehta23

G400 is better than the 500?
  18. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Perhaps for you, but personally I prefer the Imperator over the Deathadder as it feels more comfortable in my hand. I've no experience with Zowie products, but I hate the Logitech's shape and found it a pain (literally!) to use.

On paper, perhaps. In use.... only you can decide that. :)
  19. Mehta23

How on paper? 400 is £26.500 is £40
  20. Gintama

Gintama Active Member

good to see Chinese here
  21. Mehta23

22. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

I didn't even know Cooler Master made a mouse. IMO 2000dpi is really low for a gaming mouse if you're actually going to be doing any gaming with it. The G500 is going for $50 on newegg right now. I've seen it as cheap as $40.
    Mehta23 likes this.
  23. Mehta23

Yeah, it looks now ill have to buy the Logitech or a Razer one. Thanks for the help!
  24. Mehta23

Anything else on the G400 vs G500 debate?
  25. nicow

nicow New Member

I currently use G500 and I'm thinking about buying new gaming mouse. I am thinking to buy Thermaltake Level 10 because it adapts well to any gamer. What are the major characteristics that affect the quality of a gaming mouse? I found on the Best Gaming Mouse that the most important characteristics are comfort, buttons and DPI. What do you think about it?