• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gaming on Android OS

As much as I love my evo and the Android OS, Google really needs to rethink their game catalogue and how its distributed. One thing I dislike is the low quality of games, hopefully when Google moves to yearly updates this may change. Also Google should spotlight games once a month, and also have devs make HD games, lower quality or both. Overall I'm very satisfied, it'd just hard to weed out the good stuff. Just my rant as a new user..

Snes... And wait till froyo drops... unlimited flash games

I wouldn't go as far as saying "unlimited".

Initially, we'd only be able to use flash games that used the mouse only because keyboard controls aren't available at the same time as the flash would be. (in a browser, you enable the keyboard, you cannot see the screen behind it)

Eventually I'd hope that devs will make android froyo friendly flash games.

Upvote 0
Look on Gamelofts website there are some really good games, Gangstar (Grand Theft Auto) and Hero of Sparta are my favorites. There are actually a bunch of good games, I'm not that big into gaming anymore but these are the ones I have on my EVO right now, many are left over from my droid so not sure if they will show in marketplace yet, might have to look them up online:

Asphalt 5
Assasin's Creed
Backbreaker Football
Gangstar
Hero of Sparta
Homerun Battle3d
Super K.O. Boxing 2
Armageddon Squadron
Speed Forge 3d

Upvote 0
Actually Google could force developers in the same way Palm did offer them money. Palm not only paid EA and Gameloft to develop for them but they gave them priority in the marketplace and they don't have to pay Palm the 30% fee for the 1st year. Google needs to be more active in bringing developers on board.

Upvote 0
As much as I love my evo and the Android OS, Google really needs to rethink their game catalogue and how its distributed. One thing I dislike is the low quality of games, hopefully when Google moves to yearly updates this may change. Also Google should spotlight games once a month, and also have devs make HD games, lower quality or both. Overall I'm very satisfied, it'd just hard to weed out the good stuff. Just my rant as a new user..

I'm not sure you could be more off target here. Google doesn't have a game catalogue to start with, the game developers do. And the OS version has little to do with anything at this point, the majority of devices are running 2.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones