1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gaming on Android OS

Last Updated:

1. Enellz

Enellz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As much as I love my evo and the Android OS, Google really needs to rethink their game catalogue and how its distributed. One thing I dislike is the low quality of games, hopefully when Google moves to yearly updates this may change. Also Google should spotlight games once a month, and also have devs make HD games, lower quality or both. Overall I'm very satisfied, it'd just hard to weed out the good stuff. Just my rant as a new user..

Advertisement
  2. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I don't think Google can make developers "do" anything nor is Google responsible for making games better.

When Sprint gets done selling the Evo, I am sure there will be better games.

3. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member

Snes... And wait till froyo drops... unlimited flash games

4. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go as far as saying "unlimited".

Initially, we'd only be able to use flash games that used the mouse only because keyboard controls aren't available at the same time as the flash would be. (in a browser, you enable the keyboard, you cannot see the screen behind it)

Eventually I'd hope that devs will make android froyo friendly flash games.

5. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member

Look on Gamelofts website there are some really good games, Gangstar (Grand Theft Auto) and Hero of Sparta are my favorites. There are actually a bunch of good games, I'm not that big into gaming anymore but these are the ones I have on my EVO right now, many are left over from my droid so not sure if they will show in marketplace yet, might have to look them up online:

Asphalt 5
    Assasin's Creed
    Backbreaker Football
    Gangstar
    Hero of Sparta
    Homerun Battle3d
    Super K.O. Boxing 2
    Armageddon Squadron
    Speed Forge 3d

6. walkerwde

walkerwde New Member

Actually Google could force developers in the same way Palm did offer them money. Palm not only paid EA and Gameloft to develop for them but they gave them priority in the marketplace and they don't have to pay Palm the 30% fee for the 1st year. Google needs to be more active in bringing developers on board.

7. azvenigo

azvenigo Member

I developed a word puzzle game with Android's high res screens in mind. (I own the EVO on which it's simply stunning.)

Try it for yourself:
    Word Micester

Or search "word micester" on Android Marketplace.

fatflatfly and Rob_A like this.
  8. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

once gameloft starts putting their latest releases up in the market, I'll consider downloading them. As it stands, you can only download their most awesome games from their own website leaving you subject to their vicious refund policies.

9. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

And the fact that with Gameloft, you pay for a single download. New device / reset, and you have to buy the game again!

10. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

froyo has 3 things that games need: the speed, the app2SD (many phones have very limited internal memory which games need) and OpenGL ES 2.0

11. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Though the SD card is a lot slower than internal memory.

That, and apps can already be coded to store space-hogging resources on the SD card. The actual binaries that need to be in phone memory are very small.

12. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

I would like to see more games like HD games and normal games.

A trophy system would also be pretty good.

13. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you could be more off target here. Google doesn't have a game catalogue to start with, the game developers do. And the OS version has little to do with anything at this point, the majority of devices are running 2.1.