Gaming on Motorola Xoom

1. Arcadia

Arcadia Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    Psychokitty and tjwoo like this.
  2. xx DROiD ERiS xx

xx DROiD ERiS xx Well-Known Member

at this point i would have to say im DEFINITELY not gettin the xoom for gaming lol but niice vid those 3 games look pretty tight
  3. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Gaming is amazing on the Xoom. I'm not a huge gamer but I love me some Samuri II, Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja THD.
  4. Big Calhoun

Big Calhoun Well-Known Member

All I want is a Bluetooth compatiable gamepad and some emulators and I will be in retro-gaming heaven.
  5. blozout

blozout Well-Known Member

I hate Pew Pew on my EVO but I have to admit it's great on the Xoom.
  6. scottaboshia

scottaboshia Member

You can use a Wiimote via bluetooth if you have one. You should be able to install this Wiimote Controller app...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.ccpcreations.android.WiiUseAndroid&feature=search_result

I've installed several rom emulators for snes, nes, and genesis games already on the Xoom and the large screen works awesome for this. Hook it up to the TV via HDMI and use the Wiimote!
    Big Calhoun likes this.
  7. StreakTheQuad

StreakTheQuad Well-Known Member

Anybody play monster madness yet?

Gun Bros is pretty good also. I hated the beta on my phone but its a great tablet game.

Fruit Ninja THD was definitely worth the upgrade from the phone version. Samurai has incredible graphics. Cordy has great graphics as well.

Anybody able to connect to the gameloft website? I keep getting an error because the browser can't connect to the wap store. I emailed gameloft support.
  8. zdubin9

zdubin9 Well-Known Member

I downloaded tegrazone but really am just looking for something to play besides dungeon defenders.

What games do you guys use that are good to play on here?
    Delvar likes this.
  9. StreakTheQuad

StreakTheQuad Well-Known Member

Fruit Ninja (regular or THD. THD is probably worth the 3 bucks and includes multiplayer)

AirAttack HD

Stupid Zombies

Flight Control

Samurai II

Angry Birds

Flick Kick Field Goal

Jet Car Stunts

Cordy

Gun Bros
  10. LaCeS OuT

LaCeS OuT Well-Known Member

SNES, NES, Sega emulators work great. Also have ScummVM installed for some Monkey Island, etc. games. Works great.
    Mitchrapp likes this.
  11. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

I am really looking forward to Galaxy on Fire 2 and Vendetta Online. Hopefully, Galaxy on Fire 2 releases this month since Tegra Zone shows at as a March 2011 release.
  12. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Vendetta Online is out.
  13. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I got it. I haven't had much time to play. I got about a few minutes in and at the highest graphic level, the game lags a bit when zombies pop up from the ground. Maybe this weekend I'll have more time but who knows.
    StreakTheQuad likes this.
  14. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

I love Scumm and I have to get me some Monkey Island. Thanks.
  15. androidguy65

androidguy65 Well-Known Member

I didn't buy my xoom for gaming but I find myself playing a lot of games. The preinstalled games are very good.
  16. dimitri407

dimitri407 Well-Known Member

I just want to get Madden 2011 to work. I have it on the Droid X and love it but would love a bigger screen.

I got the apk file from my Droid X but the graphics just won't work right.
  17. roninmoto

roninmoto Member

18. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

19. Jessman1988

Jessman1988 Member

hi. I just bought a xoom and it hardly has any games...should I have gotten the galaxy tab or the acer iconia instead? Any help here? Thanks.
  20. Jessman1988

Jessman1988 Member

Okay...first of all do these forums support tablets? Second, is nova 2 really the only high level games available? The Acer tab has golf and need for speed but I spent more cash on the xoom and lots of games crash. Do i just play the waiting game? Thanks again.
  21. jcash3

jcash3 Well-Known Member

Actually, there are a lot of good games for the Xoom. Galaxy on Fire 2, Deathworm, Can Knockdown 2, Hex Defense, Riptide, Pinball HD, just to name a few. If I'm right, all of these games are available for the Acer Iconia Tab as well because it has the same Tegra 2 chipset. I haven't heard of any exclusives for it that the Xoom can't get, but if you like that tablet better, go for it. I personally think that it has an odd feel to it.