Gaming timeline

1. syi

syi Well-Known Member

Just thought it might be cool to see how everyone started and where they have ended up. I'm going to guess a large portion were brought up on Nintendo, more than Atari by a large margin. Lets see where this goes guys. I will check back regularly and see what's up.

Advertisement
  2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

I was a gameboy kid, that's what really did it for me. We had a 2600 and a sega genesis too... but I really clocked time on the gameboy.
  3. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member

For me it all started with the SNES playing donkey kong, joe and mac, punch out, and quite a few others. Then I got an N64 for Christmas one year and played games like Ready to Rumble, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Diddy Kong Racing (haha), Duke Nukem, and all the other classics.. Then when the xbox and ps2 came out i started getting into the PC gaming with COD 1 and thats the type of games I play now, first person shooters

I still play my old consoles from time to time on a 42'' HD TV haha its weird playing them on there
  4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

I got a Atari 7600 (still have it also ;)) for christmas. right after that the OG nintendo came out... the rest is history :)
  5. syi

syi Well-Known Member

Awesome guys. I started out on gameboy color sharing Pokemon red with my brother, back when blockbuster rented the gbc. At the time we.didn't understand.that Pokemon only had one save file, I still don't get why there's is only one to this day. Shortly there after I was introduced to emulation and PC gaming via my local valley boys and girls club, I played dune 2000 and megaman X. I got a N64 for some holiday and played Pokemon snap, donkey Kong 64, conkers bad furday and pokeomon coliseum. My next system was a ps2 with FFX which brought others like ratchet and clank, Jake and daxter, armored core and BLACK. I kind of skipped psx and Xbox for the most part until recently getting a Droid that emulates damn near everything. I spent 4 years bound to world of Warcraft during high school, only breaking its bond over me when we could no longer afford the evil Comcast.
  6. javasirc

javasirc Well-Known Member

My first console was a Sega Genesis, playing Sonic the Hedgehog. Advanced to N64 playing James Bond Golden Eye 007, Super Mario 64, and Mario Cart with family. Me, my brother, my step brother and step sister each got a Gameboy Color for christmas and played Pokemon. Us and 3 of our neighbors would stand out in the yard standing there playing Pokemon together. Good times.

In 10th grade i played Diablo 2. I was a hardcore Diablo 2 fan. I played off and on until i was 19. In 12th grade i got World of Warcraft. WoW took over my life from age 17-22. I will never play another MMORPG again in my life.

Now days im just playing a first person shooter called Crossfire when im bored. I dont do much gaming any more.
  7. C h r i s

C h r i s Member

I started off with the original Gameboy, then went on to the pocket/color/advance/SP versions. I also had a Game Gear and SEGA Genesis. Then got a PS1, PS2, and eventually a PS3 (which I don't use anymore). Now I'm primarily a PC gamer :p Oh, and I also got a PSP-1000 and PS Vita.
  8. Sunrider133

Sunrider133 Member

When I was younger I played SEGA Genesis. After that I buy PC.
  9. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

My first console was a sega genesis (mega drive at the time), had a gameboy around the same time but didnt play that too much,
    Then went to PC gaming for most of the years after until i got a PS2,
    Kinda went between that and the PC until i got a PS3 which is pretty much all i use now,
    I do prefer the PC for RTS games and i signed up for WOW a few months ago on the PC but my pc isnt really pwerful enough any more to run the new RTS's and the internet connection I have couldnt keep up with WOW at all.
  10. LexiconStudios

LexiconStudios Well-Known Member

The early sim games were definitely my first loves, but warcraft 2 and diablo were where I really got hooked. The rest as they say is history.