Gangnam Style: Do Korean Android Manufacturers Have A Clue on How to Match Apple?

1. Left Coast DJ

Left Coast DJ Well-Known Member

Do the Korean handset manufacturers (Samsung, LG, etc.) have any idea how to create a phone the masses can get excited about? Sure, you can outspec the iPhone for the geeks, and include an overlay and call it "nature" to make Asian school girls giggle.

But what about creating a solid, easy phone that a 20, 30, or 40-something working mom or dad who are not really into electronics can use without having to worry about reboots, auto-shutoffs, bloatware, etc.?

Is this possible? Or does the future of Android depend on the Nexus?

Advertisement
  2. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

Where have you been? Samsung has been beating Apple soundly with its Galaxy S2 and S3 phones. The TV advertisements for these products have gone viral on the web because of the humorous lampooning of the Apple faithful, and make very good points about how the Android products beat the notmePhone in many areas.

FYI there are still plenty of dumb phones available for people who only want a mobile phone.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

My parents use android without issues. So does one of my grandparents.

Its not that older people can't use android, its more of an omg iPhone knee jerk reaction and they get the iPhone because of its perceived ease of use.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

To be honest, i find Android more intuitive than iOS, but that's just me. People all just say its more difficult to use Android because its different, not because it actually is.