• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GAOSP Beta 3

gonna do this tomorrow

As im out of the loop can someone answer this question for me

is the issues with market resolved if you return to 1.6.3.4?

i remember if you went to 2.0 or 2.1 from gaosp or another build the market was stuck on 2.x and couldnt go back to 1.6

please let me know as the wife would murder my ass

Upvote 0
gonna do this tomorrow

As im out of the loop can someone answer this question for me

is the issues with market resolved if you return to 1.6.3.4?

i remember if you went to 2.0 or 2.1 from gaosp or another build the market was stuck on 2.x and couldnt go back to 1.6

please let me know as the wife would murder my ass

I remember this from a while ago and honestly I haven't heard of it again.

However, with a Nandroid backup/restore you should be fine, don't you think?

Upvote 0
Hey all!!

I installed GAOSP Beta 3 yesterday, and so far so good! I'm really impressed with it, but I've got a couple of questions.

1) JIT or not JIT? Which one gives better performance and battery life?

2) What does 'CPU governor' do, and should I activate it? Is it gonna affect the stability of the system?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Upvote 0
jit is isnt much to do with battery but will increase the performance

cpu governor is the scheduallar on how the cpu is used. basically ondemand/interactive are widely used as they only tend to use cpu power when a request is made for the cpu to be used.
default android governor is userspace which is always at max cpu (like performance but not as quick)

Reactions: bitxboi
Upvote 0
jit is isnt much to do with battery but will increase the performance

cpu governor is the scheduallar on how the cpu is used. basically ondemand/interactive are widely used as they only tend to use cpu power when a request is made for the cpu to be used.
default android governor is userspace which is always at max cpu (like performance but not as quick)

yeah, I know JIT is not directly related to battery, but the compiler, but my question was more if using JIT will also increase battery drainage or not.

Upvote 0
Does anyone else have an issue where is they listen to any audio (books, music, ringtones, ect) for anywhere from 1-15min the sound will start stuttering and phone freezes other than the stuttering sound?

This happens every time I have audio going for any length of time. I was wondering if anyone knew what could cause it. The only fix is to yank out the battery.

Upvote 0
It isn't advisable to use jit in GAOSP. Using swap only on micro SD card (class 6 and above), O/C over 700 MHz, battery and sensor set on performance, cpu guvernor on, compcache set on default (I have it on max), VM heap size on MAX value, a little tweaking in GAOSP configuration on memory threshold, widgets on minimum (yep it also consumes memory),...
And using DaFlame as a theme, with gingerbread keyboard and new market.
Maybe GAOSP with Gingerbread will bring better performance, 'cause it have better memory management then Froyo. But for that we will have to wait until Drakaz & co see if it's possible for Galaxy to run Gingerbread on decent speed.

Upvote 0
It isn't advisable to use jit in GAOSP. Using swap only on micro SD card (class 6 and above), O/C over 700 MHz, battery and sensor set on performance, cpu guvernor on, compcache set on default (I have it on max), VM heap size on MAX value, a little tweaking in GAOSP configuration on memory threshold, widgets on minimum (yep it also consumes memory),...
And using DaFlame as a theme, with gingerbread keyboard and new market.
Maybe GAOSP with Gingerbread will bring better performance, 'cause it have better memory management then Froyo. But for that we will have to wait until Drakaz & co see if it's possible for Galaxy to run Gingerbread on decent speed.
i had tried it all, its considerably slower than 1.6 even though under the bonnet its supposed to be quicker as an os
the device isnt stable over 700mhz you get random crashes
gingerbread will make it worse not better, while its better at memory management (not that much) it uses more ram in the first place of which the galaxy has little of

Upvote 0
You don't need swapper 2 if you have external SD card. You can format ext card in recovery using option >format ext SD 32 MB swap + fat 32< and then in GAOSP configuration turn on the swap option.

But if you don't have then using swapper 2 on internal SD card can in future seriously damage your internal SD card. The difference between swap and swapper 2 is that swap is optimized for Galaxy and you don't need another app to use.

And yes having more then 32 MB for swap is useless on our unit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones