• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GAOSP Froyo Nightly Builds

Has anyone else experienced other people telling them they can't be reached while on GAOSP? It looked all fine and dandy to me, but my girlfriend told me she tried to call me like ten times before she actually got through to me... Had to revert to plain old slow JC2.
I've missed calls - but then I always have with this phone :mad:

Upvote 0
Yes. I have managed to sync google account. I skipped the first step when you start GAOSP for the first time and I have logged after that.

I have 2 little problems. Can I use standard home instead of ADW Launcher ? It seems laggy and sometimes it stops working.
The second problem is with Galaxo Configuration. When I try to OC it forces to close. Any solution ?

Thank you !

Upvote 0
Yes. I have managed to sync google account. I skipped the first step when you start GAOSP for the first time and I have logged after that.

I have 2 little problems. Can I use standard home instead of ADW Launcher ? It seems laggy and sometimes it stops working.
The second problem is with Galaxo Configuration. When I try to OC it forces to close. Any solution ?

Thank you !

Do you have a 7500L ?? I am just asking because us 7500L users have had issues with the market and syncing with Google in the new nightly.

Upvote 0
Care to say why? I can't imagine going back to 1.5. I could live with 1.6, but now 1.5 :)

oops sorry for a late response I was very busy this past week. 1 of the reason is 1.5 is very fast. 2nd reason it is bug free. 3d reason it is very tedious to install back every program. 4th I wish there was a way to save every contact as is including every note you placed for each contact and save it on to sim, so I could just export it to 1.6 (enlighten me if I don't know something). 5th (its a very miner issue) I like round dial buttons. :)

I am very tempted to give 1.6 a go again tho.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's unstable, but I've only used it for a day so I can't be 100% sure... I may or may not be faster, some things should at least be a bit faster. I installed JIT and overclocked to 710MHz at the same time and togheter it suely makes the phone feel a bit faster overall. :)

I don't remember how fast 1.5 was, but I'm quite happy with how my phone is now.

Upvote 0
i've tweaked things to my liking (OC to 710, JIT enabled, no compcache) and tested benchmarks this morning.

Linpack 3.8 MFLOPS
Neocore 21.1 FPS

not too shabby! anyone have any suggestions to make it better (more efficient or faster)? also, since i don't have an external SD, is it true that i can't use SWAP and get compcache to work properly? (trying to dispel rumors from truth)

Upvote 0
So, I7500L users...... I think we're hosed. Last night I put the last nightly build on my phone again but didn't put gapps on. I then did some searching and found what I'm pretty sure was the latest version of CyanomogenMod's gapps (which Drakaz uses to create ours). This one is supposed to be newer that the version that Drakaz has currently.

Anyways, I manually installed the GoogleFrameworkServices.apk (that's what allows us to connect to google) and no joy. Same problem as we've all been seeing.

I'm not an expert on this in any way and it was just doing some tooling around but, at this point, I'm not getting my hopes up that we'll have a copy of Froyo on our phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones