• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GAOSP Public BETA 2 released

Yes, it is true!

But you will have some problems if you install ADW from Market
(android.phone crash, phone is too slow...)

If you have a Galaxy, install DarkSense with ADW included from here:

http://www.androidcodex.com/files/i...kSense2.0/&file=DarkSense2.0_ADW-Standard.zip

Instructions:
------------

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]- put [/FONT]DarkSense2.0_ADW-Standard.zip to root of internal sd card

- Boot in Recovery Mode
- fix the permissions
- Use the "apply any zip" option and choose the Theme.
- Finished!

...and everything works fine! :)

Reactions: Snazzy
Upvote 0
Yes, it is true!

But you will have some problems if you install ADW from Market
(android.phone crash, phone is too slow...)

If you have a Galaxy, install DarkSense with ADW included from here:

http://www.androidcodex.com/files/i...kSense2.0/&file=DarkSense2.0_ADW-Standard.zip

Instructions:
------------

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]- put [/FONT]DarkSense2.0_ADW-Standard.zip to root of internal sd card

- Boot in Recovery Mode
- fix the permissions
- Use the "apply any zip" option and choose the Theme.
- Finished!

...and everything works fine! :)

This does seem faster than Market ADW and it looks nice too. What was changed with this release vs regular ADW?

Upvote 0
I don't think I could return to Galax0. Beta 2 is pretty fast and responsive, especially after I turned the orientation sensor off (it was using at least 15% of CPU at all times). Few bugs have to be fixed, but all-in-all, Beta 2 is more than OK.
The experiment with JIT, however, hasn't worked well as it has slowed my phone significantly, so I had to turn it off.

Upvote 0
I had to manually build my Bell APN. If there is one there try deleting it and rebuild as:
Name: Bell
APN: bell.pda.ca

Make sure it is saved and selected(green dot) after you build it.

Actually this is wrong, the correct settings are:

Name: Bell
APN: pda.bell.ca
Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms.bell.ca/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 610
Authentication Type: none

And then make sure it is saved and selected. Worked fine for me, after I put that in.

Upvote 0
Well I thought I was golden. Got 3G working but no go on wifi even with the fix suggested earlier. Giving it one last try to see what happens.

Read the GAOSP issues pages as I remember there being wifi issues. The fix was either a different level of encryption or using a static IP which is easy enough to do on the phone.

Upvote 0
Something interesting on github/drakaz today:

• 3f94a4374cbe4f0150dda0f2180858bd
    57d9410
    Disable JIT by default, reorder camera stub
    baf2a94
    Updated init.rc with stock options​
    75cb36e
    Updated props​
Does this mean camera is going somewhere?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones