Gap between display and housingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The gap between the screen and housing, particularly at the bottom, seems to be pretty wide on my phone. i notice at night that light shines through that gap. Can't tell if the gap has gotten any wider. Just wondering if anyone else notices something similar. Seems like a great place for dust to enter the screen. Especially if light can come through there. Doesn't mean it's not sealed, but obviously it's not a super tight fit.

Advertisement
  2. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

Mine is the same way. I can start to see a little dust build up in the gap, but nothing too bad yet.

3. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

cool. i had this weird theory that because the housing is a bit soft, that using those lens cleaning wipes with alcohol in them to wipe both the screen and housing around the end and send buttons might actually be pulling moisture out of the housing and shrinking it some, pulling it away from the screen. probably just overthinking things :)

someone really needs to invent a little thing that goes over ones index finger so that they can use a touch screen phone without smudging it all up.