• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gapless audio?

D

Deleted User

Has anyone found an app or method for playing music without gaps between the tracks? I listen to a lot of live music, and have some albums with songs that are connected without gaps, but all of the media players I've tried put a skip in between tracks. (Stock player, Meridian, Doubletwist etc.) Try listening to any live album, and you'll see what I mean. Very frustrating.

Any solutions out there? Thanks!

That's been a problem since the mp3 debuted. The best I've ever gotten is a slight skip but never a seemless play through. The only way I've ever seen that kind of performance is by having the whole album as one track witch has its own obvious drawbacks.

If anything it's probably in the encoding and not the players. But also If anyone knows of a way I'd too love to know.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
My ipods play these shows/albums just fine, no skips, so it's obviously a limitation of the apps or android. I'd like to have some of this stuff on my phone though. I hate to admit it, but in this case, Apple products are better. But I just figured that if Apple can get it right, so can Google and/or Android App Devs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones