1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

GApps Clarification

Last Updated:

1. Soley

Soley New Member This Topic's Starter

I need some help settling this. I know Android comes from Google, and I am a GApps user through and through, but I need to know just how integrated the two are.
    I use Gmail, Cal, Wave, Docs, Reader, and I'm starting to use Voice more. Are there specific apps for any of these in the Market, or are there apps that sync with [some of] them?

My other question would be regarding non-phone tablets, such as the Archos 5. Do I have access to the full Android Market with them? Could I install GVoice or Skype and use it over WiFi? Can I have a calendar function to carry around all day, use offline, then let it sync when I get back to WiFi?

These are pretty huge factors for what I buy and when.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Hemorrdrhoid

Hemorrdrhoid Well-Known Member

Google includes Gmail & calendar native apps, and also makes a free voice app (market). After that, there are 3rd-party apps for Docs & Reader, but you'll need to decide who you trust to give your G-password to, since the app market is self-regulated. As far as I know, there is no Wave app yet. Baby steps so far.

I don't know anything about the tablet, so I'll leave that for more informed posters.

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

In addition to using 3rd party apps, Docs and Reader are both accessible via the browser. I've been satisfied with the Reader interface so far, but have only used the Docs interface once or twice, so I can't really speak to that.

4. zyxwvu44

zyxwvu44 Active Member

i use newsrob for rss, it syncs with your google reader. works very well