Gaps, faded icons and fuzzy pictures

Last Updated:

1. MrFlipside

MrFlipside Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 3, 2010
    Just rec'd my Epic via the little Brown truck yesterday, and I'm loving most everything about it so far.

One niggle is the gap between the 'top' half of the phone (the sliding part with the screen) and the chrome trim ring is variable. While resting camera down on a table, the gap is consistent all around. but if you were to hold the device by the 'top' part, the gap along the side where the volume buttons are grows to almost the thickness of a quarter ($0.25). It's almost if it's wobbling on the slider mechanism, when the slider is CLOSED (unlike when open, as in other posts).

Another niggle is that the button to the left of the HOME button is not equally lit across the image (looks like a page). It's almost as if the image fades from left (bright) to right (dim).

Finally, the camera is completely crap. Even in a well lit office environment, the image that is centered and 'focused' before the shutter falls comes out blurred and ugly. Strangely, the background is crystal clear... Flash or not makes no difference.

Otherwise, all my pixels are lively, the function keys on the bottom are all equally responsive to the touch I would expect to make them work, and voice quality is great.

So is my experience unique, like the device is a lemon, or is it consistent with this gizmo?

2. Iczer

Iczer Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    The camera takes some getting used to, and you might need to adjust some settings. Hold the camera button down to focus the picture then release to take it. My pictures have been great since I've taken mine.

But it sounds like your phone might have got damaged during shipment, or just a defected phone. The gap all the way around my phone is consistent and is enough to fit maybe a piece of paper in it.
  3. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010

Android XTC Banned

Aug 26, 2010
    Your phone is mis-assembled I had one also where the chrome band was ill fitting and cockeyed to the point that my case would not snap on properly. My new one is perfect. Get it swapped out. My photos are beautiful yes you most likely did get a lemon.