1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Support Garbled music playback

1. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

Problem appeared very suddenly today, and rebooting didn't help. I tried multiple tracks in my music collection in both Rocket Player (my preferred app) and Music, and got the same results. Ringtones sounded fine played via settings, so I think I can rule out hardware.

Right now, I'm wiping out the iSyncr directory and will re-sync from iTunes. If that doesn't solve it, what next?

Advertisement
  2. Tokens210

Tokens210 Well-Known Member

I would personally guess its either the music player ur using, or I also believe I read that a different user had that issue and formatting the SD card reportedly fixed it

I would say if resyncing and such down work

Try a different music app, if that doesn't work

Hook the SD card up to you PC, whichever way you do, and copy everything from the SD
    card, like a backup, then reformat the SD card, and best bet I think would be to not use any of the files you copied from the SD before format, copy the music fresh to the SD from the source after the format

If all else fails I think reformat should fix it

Note: in case u needed to know format to fat32
  3. Seanette

The built-in music app had the garbling issue too. I wiped out the music files and re-loaded. At this point, my normally quite dependable player (Rocket Player) wasn't going to admit I had any music files on that SD card. I've deleted Rocket, backed up the card, it's right now formatting, and I'll copy everything else back, then re-install the player and re-sync from iTunes (by way of iSyncr). Rocket/iSyncr has been working fine for me for months, and the failure mode went from normal playback to garbling very suddenly.
  4. Tokens210

Since u removed the music and once you replaced it it claimed there was no music there makes me think further that it was an SD card issue
  5. djjaytee

djjaytee Well-Known Member

Could it be the iTunes sync? If your ringtones work fine I would think it's a sync issue.. are songs stored locally playing ok? Maybe try to up a couple songs to Google play and use the play app to listen.. process of elimination is fun lol
  6. Tokens210

that was going to be my next suggestion if formatting the sd card didnt work

itunes always like to give me trouble

but im really hoping formatting the sd will fix it, ive seen many many other users have issues exactly like this, or similar to this and formatting fixed it for them
  7. djjaytee

djjaytee Well-Known Member

Well I'm sure Apple tries reeeaaaal hard to solve compatibility issues with android devices
  8. Seanette

I did the format/reload thing. Seems to have worked. :)
  9. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Glad you got it fixed, slightly off topic but instead of Rocket Player give Power Amp a go, imho it's the best Android player by far and well worth the money after the trial period ends.
  10. Ken2Chill

Ken2Chill Well-Known Member

Try Soundbest Music Player. If it's not.on Google play, it's definitely on Black Mart.