• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

garden shed alarms

sntaylor

Android Expert
Jan 20, 2012
Ayrshire, scotland
Hi guys just thought I'd ask for any experience of any alarm kits you guys have tried for garden sheds/garages.

I've just ordered a cheap overlap shed so that I can finally move my bikes/parts from my mum and dads and keep them at my own place, as it is just a cheap bit of wood between my bike and a robbers van,I figured an alarm would be useful anyone had any experience of any?

rottweiler.jpg

A full grown Rottweiler. It comes equip with two alarms tones (barking and howling), mobile, and has the ability to launch a counter attack via its mouth. Only downside is that this alarm can cost up to $1000 depending on bloodline. Also.....this alarm needs maintenance daily otherwise it can break down.

Upvote 0
Thanks, seen a few different ones was just hoping some one on here might have had some experience with these kind of things. Where I stay I'm not highly concerned about crime, motorcycle particularly(local mc, blue angels, clubhouse is just up the road!) But figure precaution would be a good thing :)

Not sure if the BA are a gang or just a club. We have several gangs here in SLC as well as lots of good people that formed various clubs and violence is not part of their daily diet.

If a biker gang were to learn what is in my storage, it will no longer be safe, that is for sure.

If they are an outlaw gang, no reason to think your stuff will be protected. I cannot tell if you are saying you feel safe because the Blue Angles live "just up the road" or if you are concerned because they are so close.

That said, we all run the risk of being robbed--be it a gang or just some fool out to make some easy dollars. I had a set of irreplaceable Oldsmobile heads stolen and no way in hell will I ever see those again.

I say build a strong shed and keep an eye on it. Keep your valuables in the house or garage and do not forget the insurance.

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
BA Are an equivalent of the hells angels, full back patch club rather than an mcc which would be side patch. the levels of criminal activity are well below that of any in America, and generally in England too. It's just that it's less likely to have a bike nicked on their patch as there is a chance of it being one of theirs....if you get what I mean. Naturally there is still every chance it could be nicked.especially when my partners dad had his house broken into last year(it's still under construction hence easier to break into).

I plan on having good security on the outside of the shed and on the bikes within, however, it is still going to be wood and possible to break into regardless, my thoughts are just too have something available that would alert myself or neighbours of someone breaking in.

Upvote 0
Hi guys just thought I'd ask for any experience of any alarm kits you guys have tried for garden sheds/garages.

I've just ordered a cheap overlap shed so that I can finally move my bikes/parts from my mum and dads and keep them at my own place, as it is just a cheap bit of wood between my bike and a robbers van,I figured an alarm would be useful anyone had any experience of any?

Hey, I think I have a solution for you recently I have installed a new motion sensor security lighting system in my garage in order to protect my car and house, so I think it might help you :)
you may also install it in your garden :) :)

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
I ended up going for an alarm from Amazon, it has a sensor which I've fitted at the back of the hut, as soon as there is movement through the door it sets off the monitor in the house....I am tempted to try and get a second monitor though as out at the shed it's silent, and I'd like it to make noise out there to scare off the burglar! The sensor works perfectly and is battery powered(can be good and bad!) And the monitor is very loud, even in the low setting, it is transportable and works through in my bedroom :)

Upvote 0
A bucket of bricks propped up above the door on the inside works wonders. ;)

The dog is a good investment IMHO, they are pretty much fool proof. I have a German Shepard, and she is the best security system I'll ever own. She also doubles as a smoke detector.

She knows when the neighbor next door gets in her car inside her garage. Waiting at the door to go say hello, making noise. :)

Upvote 0
I've got a dog too, though she is kinda old( 17 going on 2), she still has a cracking bark...when I still stayed at my parents she would go crazy when she heard my gfs car pull up...No one else's, just hers! Lol

IPicked up a storage box I can padlock to keep my tools in, hopefully make it too heavy for someone to lift it all in one go! Not hard to break into but I'm relying on the alarm to notify me so they bugger off before getting into the box! Worst case scenario....my contents insurance covers the shed! It really is amazing just how many really really expensive tools I own ;-) :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones