1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Garmin Asus Nuvifone A50 - OS UPDATE CONFIRMED FOR OPTUS AUSTRALIAGeneral

1. BigG39

BigG39 New Member

Hi all, my first post here, so be kind!

GREAT start to my day: at 8.45 this morning I got a phone call from a GARMIN ENGINEER with Garmin Australia! He called, after I dropped a question via the Garmin Australia website, asking when the OS for the A50 is expected to be upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1/2.2.

TOP MARKS for Garmin: they called, out of their own initiative. Top Company!

Then he told me that they are still working on the OS upgrade, as Optus (the Australian Telco who sells the A50 here) had requested some further tweaks to the OS. And then Garmin had decided to throw in some further features, which had delayed the roll-out "for a period of time".

When I asked of that period was 6 months or 6 weeks, he answered "No, just a few weeks".

So th upgrade is confirmed, with extra features, in the next few weeks. Big News for me, as I am about to get a free A50 from Optus.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jim1348

Jim1348 Member

That is very good news indeed. Thank you for posting that.
  3. theblake

theblake New Member

4. satroid

satroid New Member

How do I know I got 2.1 in my fone. if still 1.6, how can i update to 2.1? is it possible by PC? I have down load one exe software from garmin - A50 website, is this software is the lates 2.1?
  5. nizam

nizam New Member

hi im newer how can i update my garmin A50 firmware from 2.1 to 2.2 froyo pls help me..
  6. the_miscreant

the_miscreant Member

Since Garmin and ASUS no longer have a business alliance, Garmin will no longer make phones and are officially out of the Android phone business.

That means it is highly unlikely (or rather no chance at all) that they would work on releasing 2.2 Froyo support for the Garmin A50.