1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gas app?

Last Updated:

1. ztmike

ztmike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. fLiP SiD3

fLiP SiD3 New Member

There is an application that will help you with this............its called "WHERE" , it is in the app market. Not only does it tell you the local gas stations and prices per gallon , but , it also tells you the restaurants , hotels , shopping malls , etc......check it out

3. regression

regression Well-Known Member

When I use WHERE to find gas prices, it sorts based on the distance from my location. I haven't found a way to sort based on price (no matter how far away, within reason). For example, show me gas prices sorted by price with 5 miles of my location. Do you know of any way to do this?

4. ztmike

ztmike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, when I get my phone later today and get it activated I'll give that a go.

Where does the app pull the gas prices from?

5. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

It's your time and money but to be honest anytime you "go out of your way" (even 5 miles) to buy gas your wasting time & most likely money.

I saved 2 cents a gallon but wait I drove 5 miles (or is that 10) out of my way to get it. Math is a great tool

6. regression

regression Well-Known Member

Well, it wouldn't be driving out of my way, more like on my way to / from work....

7. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

But a lot of people will drive miles out of their way for 2 cents a gallon

When you add costs like Gas, Insurance, Service up...
    My Jeep costs $.18 per mile
    My Miata costs $.13 per mile

8. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

Gas app?

fartdroid

9. srothkin

srothkin Well-Known Member

Well it would be nice to have something linked into Google Navigation that would help find the best gas station to go to when returning a rental car. Something like closest gas stations to route to car rental dropoff that are within 5 miles of the route end point and are not in bad areas where you might be afraid to get out of the car.

10. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

www.gasbuddytogo.com

Doesn't get any easier than that. Just save it as a bookmark in your phone's browser.

11. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it also doesn't get any more useless than that: I typed in my ZIP code and got zip. :p (I.e., an empty list.)

It apparently depends on users reporting; I live out in the suburbs, and I guess there aren't any GasBuddy users out here. Could be useful in areas with higher population density, though, I guess.