Gateway timeout error 504

Last Updated:

1. lgleaner

lgleaner Member

Hi all, I am experiencing a gateway timeout error (error 504) with one specific website.. the site is http://inotes.checkpt.com.

My phone is a brand new Nexus 5, and all other websites work fine. Also, the problem website works fine for me when I am on wifi, so I know it's not the phone.

Can anyone offer any advice? I've opened a case with T-Mobile, but it's been 5 days without a resolution.

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Open a case with checkpt.com. A 502 error is a server (theirs) error.
  3. lgleaner

lgleaner Member

It's not a 502 error, it's 504. checkpt.com is my workplace, and it works fine for everyone else (who is not using tmobile)
  4. lgleaner

lgleaner Member

5. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

6. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

While normally that is server side, it's also been known to be a DNS issue. If you can't see it and others can then 9 times out of 10 that is a DNS problem.

You'll just have to wait for their DNS nameservers to repropagate.
  7. chong67

If you cant wait, then just use IP address.
  8. lgleaner

lgleaner Member

No dice on using the IP address. I still get the 504 error.

I elevated the case with TMobile, and they insist that the problem is with checkpt.com blocking the IP addresses. I do not believe this at all (I work for the company and have spoken with the web people here).

Could you guys (who are on TMobile) do me a favor and try accessing www.checkpt.com through your mobile browser? If it works, let me know what model phone you are using. Thanks!
  9. lgleaner

lgleaner Member

By the way, T-Mobile has given up on tryng to solve the issue. They told me that their engineers have tried everything possible, and that the only way I can access this site is to go to another carrier. WTF??
  10. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator Moderator

Checkpt.com seems to work fine for me over mobile data, Nexus 4 on T-Mobile.

That said, a 504 error should be a server-side error (same goes for pretty much all of the 500-series HTTP errors).

11. lgleaner

lgleaner Member

Well, looks like my only recourse is to switch carriers. I have to kiss the T-Mobile $30/month plan goodbye it seems. :(
  12. chong67

This is strange. I cant access it too from my HTC One on Tmo. I got Gateway timeout and 504.

What port # is it using?

Have you try to do tether?
  13. lgleaner

lgleaner Member

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I check the port number?

Tethering is not working for me either - tis is a known issue with the Nexus 5 on TMobile. Further reason for me to switch to Straight Talk, I suppose.

I am still in disbelief that T-Mobile has flat out refused to address my issue! Very frustrating.
  14. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator Moderator

It's HTTP, and thus port 80 unless there is a proxy or other resource on the other side of the web server.
  15. lgleaner

lgleaner Member

Strangely, it's now working this morning. Anyone have any ideas?