1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Gave the GF [She took] the KF now Q'sSupport

Last Updated:

1. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Ok what is the goofy sensor in the top corner that is not a camera???

Ok how do you change wallpaper?

And or why can't a single wallpaper in the amazon store work on the KF< they all say, sorry this don't work on your device...

bit of a learning curve over my reg android tablet and phone.
    more so since she is stingy with it ;)

Advertisement
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Is it stock? If so there isn't a way to change the wallpaper unless you are running a 3rd party launcher.

The sensor is a light sensor (from what I could find) There are reports an earlier version of the firmware had auto brightness support but it was removed from the 6.1 update...I can not verify this personally.
  3. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Oh yea bone stock, long as it still has a warranty it will stay that way.
  4. Yeahha

Yeah mine is too. You can sideload Go launcher or LP or most 3rd party launchers from the market and then you should be able to change the wallpaper ;)
  5. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

I should of kept it but low storage and no SD card for me made it easy to hand over. It can play all the hot games but Id fill up 8GB quick. [current 8GB tablet without those games is almost full] I was impressed how well Asphalt 6: Adrenaline HD ran on the Kindle Fire though.

But also why the new purchase, 1.5GHZ dual core, 1GB ram, 16GB on board storage, Galaxy-i9100 footprint, gonna be game city ;)
  6. Yeahha

I actually use mine as an ereader and web portal...great for manga reading :thumbup:
  7. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member

How do you do that? Can you get it from the Amazon AppStore or do you have to get Google Play on it first? The only ones that come up on Amazon are E'S File Explorer and AndroXplorer.

Can you mess it up by using a 3rd party launcher? I also won't be rooting mine until my warranty is up.
  8. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

can I email a game apk to the GF kindle and will it let her install it???

Amazon store has quickly become boring, they don't have half the games as google.
  9. grumpygrizzly

grumpygrizzly New Member

If you root it, you'll get the Android Market. Lot more choices at least.. can't say they're much better.

My KF looks like a big Google Phone now which is a LOT less annoying that that godawful carousel..

Pretty painless as well.

I sent my first KF back to Amazon because the lcd screen cracked from a 3' fall INSIDE a padded case.. It was weeks out of the warranty but, for $100 they sent me another one with a new warranty. This one I paid the extra $49 for a 2 year warranty. Hopefully in 1 year and 11 months, they don't have any Version 1's left so if I 'accidently' drop it again, I'll get a newer version.

I'm actually quite happy with mine. Sure, a mic would be nice, maybe an external camera that'll plug in to that Micro USB slot.. It's fast enough for me.. Great for reading books, playing a simple game from time to time and also working with MW Office files that I need to create during a meeting.
  10. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Rooting and flashing ICS on the KF has been a godsend. It's a totally different tablet. Amazon's software is unimpressive, and not having Google Play Store out of the box is almost unforgiveable, but at least the workarounds are easy enough.