Gave up.

1. random155

random155 Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for this phone since before thanksgiving. I gave up and bought the Erie. All I have to say is I am very happy with this phone. No buyers remorse at all.

Advertisement
    :
  2. clokwork

clokwork Well-Known Member

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Could still be coming. Seems like it would basically be a N1 on Verizon though, which would kind of undermine Google's latest efforts with that particular phone. The Eris is a nice little phone though, can't say you made a bad decision.
  4. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Glad everything worked out for you. I'll continue to wait as 1-3 months is still shorter than the 20 months once I'm locked into a contract.
  5. Mykpfsu

Mykpfsu Well-Known Member

Why not at least wait for CES to finish?
  6. random155

random155 Well-Known Member

The eris is great... once it gets 2.0, it will be even better.
  7. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that on the software side but my #1 hang-up is the screen size which would be a step backwards for me. No software update is going to increase the display size.
  8. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

or the screen's resolution....
  9. Darkman6909

Darkman6909 Member

Yea...I gave up yesterday and picked up a DROID i still got 30 days hope something happens by then.
  10. MisterMcGoo

MisterMcGoo Well-Known Member

I gave up last month. Eris is a good phone. I still got to the 15th if I hear some concrete news about a better phone coming out soon, but to be honest, if i had something with more power, I still wouldn't do anymore with it than what I'm already doing. I mean, in the end, it's still simply a phone.
  11. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Well-Known Member

I'm getting my Droid on Saturday because my AT&T contract is finally up. I hope any new HTC phones come out within the 30 days after that....
  12. kmoore11

kmoore11 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat... I'm upgrading to the Droid on the 7th... so HTC better be releasing something at CES or soon after!
  13. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

You wont be disappointed. :)
  14. CAJACKSPARROW

CAJACKSPARROW Well-Known Member

Well for those of you who can not wait and have jumped ship to the Droid or Eris. Meet the Droids replacement that Moto is getting ready to release. Or cheaper counter part.

More specs for Motorola Droid Devour leaked

Me personally I am giving it to the end of the month. If nothing comes out, then I am calling the verizion CEO to tell them their phone selection blows a$$ and getting the Eris.
  15. P-Droid

P-Droid Member

I really don't think that's the Droid's replacement. It's suppose to be a mini-droid that reaches out to a different crowd. Why would they "replace" droid only after a couple months?
  16. vapordub

vapordub Well-Known Member

Agreed.

To me, that thing is just as awkward as the Droid.
  17. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

yeah, telling him that, then buying an Eris will show him!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  18. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

At least the qwerty is centered thanks to loosing the d-pad
  19. CAJACKSPARROW

CAJACKSPARROW Well-Known Member

Like I said, "or cheaper counter-part."
  20. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Motorola is likely releasing two new Android devices...one will be Droid Jr I believe, with a keyboard and the other either a Sholes-esque device with touchscreen only or a wholly different phone
  21. horsovec

horsovec New Member

I gave up too. Just ordered the Motorola Droid today on a 1-yr. contract, and can't wait to get it. At this point, it looks like the earliest we'll get any sort of phone is March, and I can't wait that long, for the N1 or the Passion/Bravo/Incredible. By the time my 1-yr. is up, there should be something even better waiting, but I'm sure my Droid will serve me well until then.

Cheers!
  22. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Going in to Verizon store tomorrow to buy my Droid. Technically my New Every 2 is on the 17th...tomorrow's the 16th lol will they let me upgrade even if it's a day off?
  23. karib

karib Well-Known Member

Technically my 2 year contract isn't up until July 11th, but they always let me do the NE2 4 months early. So that put's it at March 11th. Well... I got something in the mail and email that I could upgrade to a smartphone now. So I upgraded to the DROID on Dec 28th!! With all the rebates too. So, yes, I think they should let you do it a day early :)
  24. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Awesome! Welcome to DROIDNation!
  25. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Well-Known Member

I echo that! Welcome to the party! Good to have you here!