• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GB 2.3.3 or 2.3.4

I used the USB LG mobile updater with no problems all went perfect. I now have 2.3.3 with the same kernel I think. I heard that that was a beta version. So does anyone know if this OTA that they started rolling out is the official 2.3.4 version? Will I still get the update OTA or Am I going to have to go to my store and have them do it through the SD card that they are going to be using?

I hear that the camera app is only capable of 720p the stock lg app was 1080p there is no way that they are going to leave that like that right? That would not make sense because that was on of the selling points and I know it really doesn't affect me as I hardly use the camera but I know allot of people got this phone just for that reason.

I heard that there was going to be a really great camera app with this update. Also one more thing It says that one of the features of gb is it is easier to kill car home that stupid app that no one uses I haven't figured that one out yet can anyone tell me how it is easier? I must be missing something.

charlie

I used the USB LG mobile updater with no problems all went perfect. I now have 2.3.3 with the same kernel I think. I heard that that was a beta version. So does anyone know if this OTA that they started rolling out is the official 2.3.4 version? Will I still get the update OTA or Am I going to have to go to my store and have them do it through the SD card that they are going to be using?

I'm pretty sure the OTA is still 2.3.3. That's what everyone else (who isn't blocked out from updating, like me) is reporting.

Also, the SD card thing is a HTC thing only. LG hasn't announced anything like that.

I hear that the camera app is only capable of 720p the stock lg app was 1080p there is no way that they are going to leave that like that right? That would not make sense because that was on of the selling points and I know it really doesn't affect me as I hardly use the camera but I know allot of people got this phone just for that reason.

I believe that is the only difference people have found out so far, between last weeks update and the new OTA. The camera, I guess, is supposed to shoot at 1080p.

I heard that there was going to be a really great camera app with this update. Also one more thing It says that one of the features of gb is it is easier to kill car home that stupid app that no one uses I haven't figured that one out yet can anyone tell me how it is easier? I must be missing something.

charlie

I didn't hear that about the camera, but anything that brings this phone closer to stock (and hopefully makes it easier for future updates), is fine by me. Plus the old camera was pretty slow. I always got good pictures out of it, but it took forever to take one.

Reactions: mojorisin7178
Upvote 0
So they did fix the camera it appears thats good I mean I wouldnt say it was a deal breaer for me hey have you heard anything about car home? it is supposed to be easier to close but I havent figured that one out yet

Honestly, ever since getting my case, I stopped using my holster.

However, my friend says it just stopped opening up for him. So I guess it's less annoying, but still there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones