• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GB Update: Issues/Concerns

I think some camera stuff. I thought I used to have to hit the menu button and scroll down to the switch camera option for the FFC to come on. Now there is a button to the top left which is nice. Also did not remeber the "dot" effect being there even though its pretty useless. Last I didnt know you could edit pictures with effects after the photos were taken. This was probably already on there but I just had no reason to edit any.

Reactions: jj3699
Upvote 0
is this an active phone? do you have data enabled? i got that on my TB when i wasnt using it as my active phone. i believe you must have an active phone/data signal for it to check.

you can also try going to settings/apps/manage apps/all and clear data on "updater" and see if that does anything.

Upvote 0
I'm having this issue where my phone constantly loses its Data connection. I'm in a 4G area basically all day at work and at home but sometimes I will lose my connection all together, so I go check the settings and the mobile network is off. I constantly try to turn it on but it never comes on, its really annoying and the first real problem I've had with my phone. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also I've noticed that I changed my screen timeout to 30seconds and it keeps reverting itself back to 15s, which has been driving me nuts as well.

Edit: I had a firmware update maybe this has a fix in it, restarting my phone usually fixes the problem for a short while before it randomly happens again.

Upvote 0
is this an active phone? do you have data enabled? i got that on my TB when i wasnt using it as my active phone. i believe you must have an active phone/data signal for it to check.

you can also try going to settings/apps/manage apps/all and clear data on "updater" and see if that does anything.

You are correct. I didn't have service when it was giving me that error message. I have since reactivated it and when I click on Check new, it says Checking for new Software available now. It shows this for about a second then disappears and that's it. Nothing...not error message or anything, just back to Status and Check new.

Upvote 0
My volume isn't as loud. But it is fixable temporarily. I unlock my phone, press once on the volume rocker and it makes the ding sound, but its low. When I push it again its back to full volume. Even when its all the way up.

Also when a friend sends me a picture, most of time I dont get it. But they send again and I do.

Any ideas why my phones doing this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones