GBA Emulation?Support

Last Updated:

1. Keagle

Keagle New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

What's it like on the SGS? I have an iPhone 3g now and have had an iPhone for 29months, getting a bit old. I'm just playing around with GBA Emulation on it now and really like the idea.

I guess the screen on the SGS would be an advantage, it's this or an iPhone 4. Advantage being I can get an iPhone 4 for a 12mo contract, and make a profit over that contract compared to what I'm paying now, even with the cost of the handset.

But the SGS seems like a superb phone and I'm a bit bored of iOS. Is there anyway to revert the SGS to stock android? So you could just update to Froyo whenever? What are the really cool things about the phone?

Sorry, bit of a 'droid noob.

Thanks for your time!
    K

Advertisement
  2. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Sadly the best GBA emulator out there, GameBoid, isn't currently working with our handset. Several of us have emailed the dev though, so hopefully some progress is being made. Shame, since it runs flawlessly with fully sound on other Android handsets like the Desire.

Keagle likes this.
  3. Evil Peter

Evil Peter Well-Known Member

You can't revert the Galaxy S to standard Android. Even if you could you wouldn't be able to just update to FroYo because it still needs to be optimized for the hardware. There's rumor that Gingerbread will make this transition easier though. In any case, a Samsung Sweden employee has made an unofficial comment that the plan is to release FroYo in August (and a firmware upgrade in July, although that's probably specific for Europe).

While GBA emulation isn't working quite yet you can use SNESoid for some SNES-emulation. From what I've heard NES-emulation works as well but I haven't tried that myself so I can't vouch for it personally. Not sure if you are interested in that but it can't hurt knowing that the options exist.

Keagle likes this.
  4. Keagle

Keagle New Member This Topic's Starter

Ah cheers guys! So do android apps not work on every phone? :/ Although I guess something like emulation is rather hardware specific. I'll email the dev and ask if anything's in the pipeline, nice to know there's one around though. Heh, love it on my iPhone 3G but the sound's a bit temperamental.

Ahh makes sense re: updating. Is there anyway to turn the Touchwiz interface off though? August is suprisingly soon, that's really good for Sammy.

5. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

You can just download an app called launcher Pro. It will give any android phone a stock ui. ADW launcher is pretty similar as well. I'm using adw atm...