GBA Emulator for Android OS?

1. DinoRhino

DinoRhino New Member

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm fairly new to androids and completely new to the use of emulators. Anyway, I want to get a Game Boy Advanced emulator on my device (To play Pokemon Emerald and Fire Emblem), but I can't seem to find any (free of otherwise) in the marked other than Mojo GBA, which many people say doesn't work.
    Do they not have them anymore, or am I doing something wrong?
    Thank you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Grans

Grans Active Member

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Emulators are sort of grey area, there were issues surrounding copyright claims on some of the more popular ones, but they appear to be free now via the link above so they're technically ok.

What's not ok it's discussing downloading ROMs and BIOS files etc, so please don't do that.

Take a look here: http://androidforums.com/android-games/376820-comprehensive-emulator-guide.html, it's got some pretty good info. :)
    Frisco and scary alien like this.
  4. amazinz5

amazinz5 Well-Known Member

Yea don't discuss roms, you're on your own for that. But if you search you can easily find some very COOL ROMS as well as some straight DOPE ROMS.
  5. ibanezs470dx

ibanezs470dx New Member

Use Gameboid. you can download the apk and install it using a app installer (my Sony Xperia cam with one pre installed)
  6. Grans

Grans Active Member

My apologies. Knew about roms being a no-no here, but didn't know that went for bios files as well, but i guess it should have been obvious given how other sites react to discussing them. Will remember that.

There's another GBA emulator called VGBA on the market, dunno why that wasn't removed as well (along with multiple other emulators). It costs money however and i've no idea how well it works. I only ran into a few games that have issues running in Gameboid anyways (and they're not the more popular ones anyways). I did have to use an older version to get the sound in Golden Sun 2 to work however.
    El Presidente likes this.
  7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

No biggie. Like I said, the whole emulator thing is a grey area.