1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

GBA emulator(Need help!)

Last Updated:

1. Roiyaru

Roiyaru Member This Topic's Starter

I've read over alot of forums and tried alot of things, none of which have worked yet. I downloaded an App called Astro and was told to extract the roms or whatever out of that to unzip them, but even after that my phone keeps telling me I need the specify my Bios file. I have no clue how to do that either.

So again I turned to the internet and found a few ways to do this, none of which have worked yet. So I started looking for the GBA_Bio.zip or whatever it was that I needed, when I found it didn't do much. I kept getting an error saying "The format of 'C:\Users\Christan\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_gba_bios.zip\gba_bios.bin' cannot be detected. Have a look at the log for details."

Which again I have no clue what this means. D: all I want is to get my stupid GBA emulator running so I can play games. D: someone help!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Do a search on Google for Gameboy bios. You will have to do some digging, but you will find it eventually. We can't post a link to it here as the file is illegal.

3. hogofddyn_

hogofddyn_ Well-Known Member

-Click on the Rom Gripper icon at the top of the screen (crab icon)
    -Download the rom gripper application
    -Scroll down the rom list to find GBA_BIOS or something similar and click on it
    -Click the download button on the following screen and wait for the download to complete
    -Press back a couple of times to exit back to gameboid
    -Press Menu, then settings
    -Go to the GBA Bios option
    -Point it at the file you just downloaded

Pretty simple and a good process to understand as a lot of emulators omit the bios rom for copyright reasons.