• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GBCoid Save State

trginter

Lurker
Jun 9, 2010
I've got a save state for Pokemon Yellow on GBCoid that I would like to transfer to my PC and use an emulator with a Game Shark option. I can't figure out how to open the .sn0/.sn1 files on the emulator on my computer. I've tried several with no success.

Basically I want to transfer the saved file, open it on my PC and cheat, then save it and transfer it back to my Eris and continue playing it on there.

I've got a save state for Pokemon Yellow on GBCoid that I would like to transfer to my PC and use an emulator with a Game Shark option. I can't figure out how to open the .sn0/.sn1 files on the emulator on my computer. I've tried several with no success.

Basically I want to transfer the saved file, open it on my PC and cheat, then save it and transfer it back to my Eris and continue playing it on there.

I was wanting to know the same thing and I worked it out after a bit of playing around. You just need to open the pokemon file on your PC with something like Visual Boy advance and save the state after completing the cheats (ensure that you save it in the game). Then simply take the .sav file and place it in the corresponding GBCoid folder and when you open the game, there should be a continue option at the start menu. This was on my Legend but it shouldn't make a difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones