Gchat Keeps DisconnectingSupport

1. rhamm621

rhamm621 Active Member

So I got my Evo replaced last Friday due to screen separation issues that led to touch screen issues. My old Evo had no issues staying connected to Gchat using the Talk app.

However, this Evo seems to keep disconnecting whenever my screen turns off, and even when i reconnect, it may take up to 15 minutes to recieve messages. I have played with some settings but nothing seems to make a difference. I know this is a know issue on a lot of Android devices, but it seems to be random. I have searched and searched, and found no solution to this issue. Can someone point me in the right direction, or is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

Do you have data set to always on? A lot of people turn it off to save battery. I used to have it off, but I found two things annoying when it was off:

1. Wireless tether would often turn off when the screen turned off
    2. Talk would disconnect many times when the screen turned off

I switched back to data always on, and both of these problems were immediately resolved.
  3. rhamm621

rhamm621 Active Member

I have it set to always on. However, I feel like my issue may be related to this because at times, I will have connection problems. For example, when I use the Market sometimes, it will not load a page, so I will go home, then re-open that page and it will be fine. Do you think this is related? I have updated PRL and Data profile and the problem has not fixed itself.
  4. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

I would consider doing a hard reset. It sounds like something somewhat fundamental isn't working right. I don't have any other ideas. Hopefully someone else will chime in with an opinion.
  5. rhamm621

rhamm621 Active Member

So even a hard reset did not fix this problem. Do you think this is a hardware issue? Should I call RS and get another replacement?

Update: It most of the time will not even show me its offline until I try to send another message. Then it says it lost connection to server and the message will be sent when I am back online. I have done about 5 hard resets and no luck.

Any other suggestions?