G'day from an Aussie first time Android user

Last Updated:

1. wocko1

wocko1 New Member This Topic's Starter

G'day all!

I'm Wocko, and I'm from Newcastle, NSW, Australia! I've recently bought my first Android phone, an HTC Desire on the Telstra network, after jumping ship from Windows Mobile (I had an HTC HD2 before) due to the fact that WM is a dying breed, and also I think the iPhone is such an overrated piece of junk, so I thought Android would be the go. I'm hoping to do all the cool stuff as well, so nice to meet you lot!

Wocko

Advertisement
  2. tazziedevil

tazziedevil Well-Known Member

G'day from Tasmania!

3. Stusmygsan2.1

Stusmygsan2.1 New Member

Woko 1, this is Stusmygsan2.1, I live in Newcastle, welcome to androids open systems world of free and paid apps, Waratah Australia NSW 2298. I am on an optus $60, 2Gb a month download, $400 dollars voice calls, high res screen, 1Ghz processor, thin, high end, early adopter like yourself. I hope your enjoying HSPA 3.5G mobile, as I occasionally do, good to see that the manufacturer and phone company built it in to my phone. Bought my sister a huei ideos android 2.2, 600Mhz proccessor for $200, bought for $70 16Gb micro SDHC card, for her phone, now she has more memory than my $800 outright purchase high end phone. Although my phone is capable of taking an extra 32 Gb micro SDHC flash card, as yours, very likely would too. I wanted to give her something that would store thousands of photos, for her wi fi network, just recently exchanged 89 high resolution photos with my housemate.
    He has an 8 megapixel camera and I have a high resolution screen, we used bluetooth, it took 28 minutes, my camera like yours, probably is 5 megapixels. Stu in Waratah, on his Samsung Galaxy S; S 2 with dual core available, quad core processor tablet with12 graphics processing units, perhaps java built in through the ARM A 15 architecture (4X.) They will be available August, quad core smartphones ready for Christmas, by then they will be running good quad core software beyond Android 3 Honeycomb's dual core. Or Android 2.4 Gingerbread's dual core integration of 2.3 Gingerbread/3 Honeycomb, upgrades, speed improvements.

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!