GDE and HTC Hero Widgets??

Last Updated:

1. sheridan2000

sheridan2000 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

My first post and im asking for help...sorry...

I have installed GDE the replacement home screens. However when i try to add widgets the only options i have are the installed widgets and no where can i add the HTC widgets....am i missing something or is this a bug in the application.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Well-Known Member

yup, same here- no support for HTC widget's while using gde...don't know why.

3. sheridan2000

sheridan2000 Member This Topic's Starter

Ah thanks for the reply. and i thought it was just me being stupid.....maybe i will email the person who wrote it and see if any update will resolve this issue.

4. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

The HTC widgets are for Sense.

If you use GDE, Panda, Ahome or any other home replacement you will not get the Sense widgets because you are not running Sense.

5. Sanfo12

Sanfo12 New Member

but is there a way to actually get the sense ui on your phone. example: i'm running a samsung captivate but is there a rom i can get the sense ui on my phone?

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Only by using custom roms. And only if somebody has taken the time to port over HTC Sense.

You should ask in the Captivate rooting section for advice. Or, have a look at your phone's XDA page. XDA forums is where all the rom developers put all their work :)