• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gear's contacts incomplete and random.

SebaKL

Android Enthusiast
Oct 4, 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hello guys

I have the S4 LTE running stock 4.3, and a Gear.

For some weird reason, Gear is not consistent in displaying my contacts.
For example, my wife's contact consist of 3 numbers. Office land line and two mobile phones. One of the mobile numbers is set to default.

Gear only show single number, the office landline. There is no way to control it, nor make it use the default number set on the phone.

Anyone can confirm this behavior, please ?

I was hoping the 4.3 update would fix that, given it should come with full compatibility, but I was wrong.

Odd, when I select a contact the next screen gives me the option to select the number I want

After I reset my Gear and reorganized contacts, it works just like that. Before, it would show just one number, no matter how many I had under a contact. and mostly land-line, not mobile.

Maybe something screwed up during installation. No matter, now it works just fine :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones