gel case holds down buttons and drains battery life?Tips

Last Updated:

1. john_o

john_o Member This Topic's Starter

just sharing my experience to see if Im going mad or not...

H6 firmware O2 supplied phone, limited widgets and I have monitored my battery life for a while now. It was about 40% loss / day.
    I use TasKiller regularly too
    I charge every night but reckon I could get 2 full days now :)

however yesterday I placed the phone into a flexible clear gel case , and watched the battery die 10% for each hour.....:eek:
    The screen wasn't coming on (apart from occasionaly which must be an H6 bug!) , I havent downloaded any new apps , nor has my location changed (i.e. no excessive 2G-3G handovers)

that worried me , but then I also noticed the 'home' button wouldnt work !
    Unless Im going mad, it appears that the gel side has been holding down a button only just slightly , but enough to block.
    if i lifted the edge just a little , the home button then worked.
    Im not sure if Im going mad or not?

(I do know that the 'end call' button will bring the screen on when pressed in lock mode, but in this case the screen never came on.)

Anyway removed the device from the case and its back to my normal expected battery life:D

so moral of the story , check your case probably :cool:.........

(as with any issue , it seems like when issues occur you need a 'known' base config to work from. For i7500 issues this includes things like firmware version, apps/widgets running , wifi/gps/2g/3g , and normal usage patterns...)

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

someone else reported that if the home button doesnt work its the cammera button being slightly pressed

3. john_o

john_o Member This Topic's Starter

indeed the case had internal indents for side buttons rather than fully exposed, so yes that makes sense