Gel case that fits DINC with 2150 extended batteryAccessories

Last Updated:

1. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought the HTC 2150 extended battery for my DINC and will get it tomorrow. However - assume the silicone/Gel cover that I bought with the phone will no longer work with the new battery.

Has anyone found a good gel/silicone type case that fits the DINc with the 2150?

Thanks!

Glenn

Advertisement
  2. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

You mean an ACCESSORY?

3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

What is this? An attempt to be a smartypants? Of course it would be an accessory.

4. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

I think that was an attempt to say that you should have posted this in the "Accessories" section.

5. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apologies for not posting this in the Accessories area. To be honest I was clueless that it even existed and it seemed like I had read so many previous posts at the top level about batteries and such. Anyway - no excuse. It looks like someone moved this for me anyway.

So - if anyone has bought something that fits with the new battery - I would like to hear it.

6. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

There's no gel case made to fit the device with the extended battery. However, there are a couple of ways to mod one to fit. You can either cut out and remove the area of the back where the "hump" is, or make a couple of slits along the sides of the hump so that the silicone can stretch over the hump without pulling the sides of the case out of shape (punch small round holes at the end of the slits so they don't continue to tear).

A good thick gel case like the Verizon one is the best bet for modding; I find the cheap ones are too flimsy.

7. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I apologize. When I found the thread it apparently had already been moved to accessories and I had no idea that it had been elsewhere.