• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Gel/Silicone case for Hero

If you are going for just a basic Silicone skin/cover, EBAY EBAY EBAY!
sprint htc hero silicone case, Clothing, Shoes Accessories, Cell Phones PDAs. Great deals on eBay!

Is that link supposed to take me somewhere in particular? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Both good suggestions. Thanks.

On the Ebay seller... they have what look to be the same cases, with slightly different listing titles, but same page layout, pics, descriptions, etc.. but different prices.

For example, there's the one scottmbolt linked.. then there's this one for almost a buck more, but same thing?
SOFT SILICONE BLACK SKIN CASE FOR HTC SPRINT HERO CDMA - eBay (item 120551202751 end time Apr-03-10 20:41:55 PDT)

The 80 cents or whatever isn't a big thing, but..

I consider myself an ebay connoisseur, from both selling and buying points of view.

When I buy, I look at both

1. Sellers location - never buy from an over seas seller. Their shipments take twice as long, and they are not as reliable.

2. Feedback, of course :D - along with how long they have been an active seller on ebay

Upvote 0
i don't like silicon cases because eventually they will stretch out. I too have the Otterbox Commuter case and i like it a lot. It has protection to the max. i am more than confident that if i would drop it, the phone would not have a dent in it. It does add a little bulk to the phone, but #1 all cases will add some bulk, and #2 it kind of gives the phone a more sturdy feel in your hands.

just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
I do not like the silicone cases. I had the 2 pack from sprint. it is a lint magnet, especially if you put it in your pocket. I got one of the tpu material cases and like it a lot better. It is thinner than the sprint silicone case and no lint! Search for it on the web you can fine them with free shipping for less than $10. I got mine just under $8.

Upvote 0
Well, I ordered the cheapy rubber Ebay one.. but I got it in a package with some other stuff I needed also (home charger, car charger, extra usb cable).. all for $8.99 shipped. So if the case sucks, no biggie. I got all the other stuff for a good price anyway.

Those TPU cases look interesting.. do they have them in plain black?

Upvote 0
I just purchased a case by "Body Glove" at Sprint Store. Great feel and looks good. Not a Gel but has a great feel.

I've long been a fan of silicone cases for their protection with drops (my devices don't get dropped *that* often, but it's always a possibility), but I agree that they are lint magnets. Wish I'd seen those new Otterboxes. :cool:

I got the Body Glove case with the clip. Clips aren't that practical for me as a nurse, but that kickstand in the clip sealed the deal. I had recently bought a silicone case with a kickstand for my iPod Classic and love it - I feel the same about the case for the Hero. It's fantastic being able to have the device sitting up without having to hold onto it.

I bought mine on eBay for $15 plus reasonable shipping. A retailer in the local mall wanted $30 for the same case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones