Gelaskins for the Droid

Last Updated: 2010-03-06 12:32:18
  1. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

http://www.gelaskins.com/catalog.php?DeviceID=73&CategoryID=56

sorry if this was asked before but has anyone tried these out yet? are they any good? worth the money? hows the material? is it rubbery? do they add bulk? is it easy to apply? does it peel/fall off?

they look pretty interesting from a couple of demo vids i saw on youtube. not sure how they feel in the hand though.

Advertisement
  2. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

no one tried these?
  3. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

They really look nice but I don't understand how they cover the front? Don't you need to be able to see the front? I'd love to give it a try but I need to understand that bit first.
    Never mind. I see that it is a wallpaper now. Still would like to see how it is installed on the Droid with its more complex back than the, ahem! iphone. Wonder how hard it would be to make it look nice. And does it peel? That would be bad.
  4. dasilvetz

dasilvetz Member

looks really neat
  5. jfe

jfe Well-Known Member

So much for the Droid not being a “Tiara Wearing, Digitally Clueless, Beauty Pageant Queen”
  6. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

15 buck for that?! not bad. looks kinda cool. wish they had more designs though
  7. Illrigger

Illrigger Member

You can get a more basic version (no wallpaper, less pieces) with literally any art you want on it - from their site, or from a pic you upload.

What interests me is the fact that the skin seems to cover the soft buttons - I wonder if they could still work with the skin covering them.
  8. droidtx

droidtx Member

I did mycgelaskin with a custom grapic i designed. As for the buttons, they work just fine. The light even shines through them when they light up
  9. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't they? They work with screen protectors covering them.
  10. megaera

megaera Well-Known Member