General Advice from the Droid Incredible Community...Support

Last Updated:

1. Tyren

Tyren New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so Ive had my incredible for some time now. Had it all set up nicely and neatly. Its getting a lil out of hand but nothing I couldnt manage. Then BAM Froyo 2.2 and it blows up my phone. Task killer doesnt work anymore. I now know I dont need one from reading these boards. But the auto rotate is all screwy. It rotates to landscape even if I have the phone upright. And then sometimes when I want to go to landscape its almost like Im shaking the phone like a martini drink maker.

I read somewhere that I should probably do a factory reset. And I wanted to get some feed back from the people on these forums. Should I do a factory reset? Will that help with some of the problems? And if I do a factory reset will I lose all my phone numbers and contacts?

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

sometimes a factory reset will fix things but its not always true... what method did you use to get froyo?

3. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Yeah Froyo manages your apps for you, so I guess Task Killer is a no-go, but I was getting some of the same. issues you were. My landscape was a bit kooky and some lag so I went back to stock 2.1, then did the OTA again, everything is perfect.

4. Tyren

Tyren New Member This Topic's Starter

I got my froyo from an over the air download. I woke up this morning and they said you have a system update. So i just clicked the install button, and boom my phone explodes with froyo 2.2