1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

General caution for potential customers of Pandawill

1. high5ordie

high5ordie New Member

I recently purchased the MK802 from Pandawill.com. The device showed up with various issues, all were software related. I contacted Pandawill customer service and after sending them a video, at thier request, showing my issue. It took 3 days to receive a reply of which I couldn't make heads or tails...

Hi

Thanks for your information.

About The browser gives the App Not Responding message ,pls check the app if it is free and the vistion if it is right ?
    About the popular apps, such as Netflix, are "Not Compatible",pls note that the item try to use Android apps again,
    as the item can't upgrade other apps.

Any news,pls contact us.
    Regards
    Fang

I replied explaining my problem understanding the previous response and I received another email 2 days later ...

退件:
    Dear
    Good day.
    Thanks for your support on pandawill.com online shop.
    Really sorry about the problem.
    Could you pls go to the local repairement store for help, if the cost is proper, Pandawill bear it.
    Thanks for your time and best regards.
    Sincerely
    Bella
    Pandawill

So after looking and looking I found a local shop willing to reflash the device with no promises of functionality after and the cost would be $30 the same they charge to flash ANY android device. After the reflash the device now runs like a dream and is 100x better then it was. I informed Pandawill of the cost and received this...

Dear

USD30 is not proper when the item is only cost USD68.99 .

The most we can offer you USD10 ..
    Thanks for your time

Anna

So I told them where they could put that $10 and I am writing this to warn any other potential customers to steer clear of this site as almost everything they sell is available on eBay, most times for cheaper, and eBay has far better customer service and avenues for customer satisfaction. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Moderators: Not sure if this is in the right spot. Please excuse if it isn't.

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Hi high5ordie welcome to Android Forums. You posted in the right place.

Two words, caveat emptor(buyer beware). That's the main danger of buying cheap devices from Chinese wholesalers. My advice is always buy from a reputable dealer in your own country, that way you'll have consumer protection laws to help you if things go wrong, e.g. Sale of Goods Act 1979 in the UK. The quality of some of these devices being sold by Chinese wholesalers, is often nothing short of garbage.
  3. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

You really get what you pay for. It sucks and sorry it happened to you, but cheap almost always equals crap. The writing was on the wall.
  4. high5ordie

high5ordie New Member

Luckily the device is working great now but unfortunately I paid nearly 3x what most people paid for it, after first being overcharged (compared to the competition but I guess I should have shopped around) and then the additional charge to reflash. However, I dont want to discredit the MK802, it is a cool little device especially when you only pay like 40-50 USD (current pricing) assuming that it doesn't have any problems.
  5. andrew20

andrew20 New Member

I think you can try another merchant. My friend recommend me to try Accessbuy. And i bought serveral times and thought it's good.
  6. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

stick with US sellers who pre mod and update them before the sale and give a good warranty, see links in sig.