• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help General knowledge questions, plz help.

So I just got a Droid Incredible and I love it, best phone I have ever owed, however I am new to android and need help. I cannot figureout where the phone stores certain files. I tried to put pdfs and docs on the phone but no matter the directory, phone or SD it wont find them. I don't quite grasp the file structure it uses. Should I re-format the SD, also can the phone even see files stored on the local storage, because the pdf viewer and easy office only looks at the SD card. Any help is appreciated and I look forward to really getting to know this device.

When the phone is plugged in I see two drives that come up. One is the SD card and the other is I assume the internal storage.
The internal storage lists:
.bookmark_thumb1
.footprints
albumthumbs
DCIM
Downloads
LOST.DIR
MP3

The SD storage lists:
.footprints
.Mail
albumthumbs
Android
backups
com
DCIM
LOST.DIR
media
my_flix
my_music
my_pix
my_sounds

So where based on these folders should I put PDFs? Oh and let me make it clear about how I am getting the files there. I am connected the usb cable and using the pc to transfer them to the phone. I tried emailing one to myself but it wouldn't let me save the attachment. The same holds true with documents. So I'm running out of ideas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones