• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help General questions thread/discussion (New to Android/M7?)

NFC (Near Field Communications).

Go into Settings > Wireless and Network > More to turn it off if you don't use it, and the icon will disappear.

Funny thing is that it was there in KitKat and even earlier. I guess the LP update must have turned it on for you.

demolition-future-high-five.gif

Hah, done! Thank you Oh Captain, my Captain!!! You are officially more knowledgeable than a complex search algorithm regarding a super-specific subject.

Silly NFC nah I'm not gonna be nearly-bumpin' anyones phone or other personal device anytime soon. Yet another feature I can dismiss in hopes of salvaging life from this ailing year-and-a-half-old battery.

Be well John Spartan. 8_)

Upvote 0
Hello, i am new to this group. I have a problem with my HTC One phone. I am trying to add a new ringtone, but when i click on the add button to connect to HTC Hub i get an 'unable to connect' error message. I have read some replies saying to deactivate account and reactivate. I tried that and still will not connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Upvote 0
Are you new to Android?

How long have you had this device?

Did you purchase it new? Used?

I ask these questions so I can steer you the right way.

If you are new to Android, then a learning curve will be expected, especially if you come from an iFruit device.

In short, you can get a file manager, install a ringtone and move the file to the ringtone folder on your device.

Rooting is like jailbreaking an iFruit device.

Upvote 0
you need to start off getting some education on Android.

you can go to the app store and get these file apps, or you can connect the phone to a computer and transfer files that way.

There are help topics in this section you should read.

I think htc hub is phased out so you can not use it.

connecting your phone to a computer will allow you to look in the folders on the phone and clear out any files that are wasting up space.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, so I've been having a lot of problems with my phone lately - apps closing, camera not working at all, phone randomly turning itself off, a whole mess of stuff. So, I decided to hardware factory reset it (I didn't go through settings). Now, the phone is stuck at the screen you get when you turn the phone on, with the white background that says htc one and the beats audio logo. It's been like this for two hours now. My device wasn't rooted if it makes a difference, and I've had it for about a year and a half now.

Please help! Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Is there any way to hang up on one call and answer a second simultaneously ?

If I call someone and get forwarded to their voicemail, then they call me back as I'm leaving a VM message, I can't work out how to answer their call and hang up on their VM at the same time.

At the moment I answer them and when I've finished speaking to them, the phone puts me back to the their VM on the other 'line'.

I must be missing something!! Any help appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hello, I'm switching over from Apple iPhones and had a couple of questions regarding downloading music on an HTC One:

How easy is it to download free music using only the phone? i.e. Can I download mp3 files using the internet browser?
Once downloaded, does it go into the default music app or will i have to download a seperate music app?
Can I edit the songs title, artist, album, and album cover?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
"Free" is irrelevant to this discussion, since it's just about how android handles music files. But since you used it I will note that forum rules forbid any discussion of piracy - as long as the artist has agreed that the site you are downloading from can distribute it for free then we're fine, but we can't help otherwise.

As for the technical question, you can store downloaded music anywhere you like on the phone (I have a "Music" folder with subfolders under that for different artists), and it doesn't matter because as long as there isn't a .nomedia file in the folder then any music player will find it. Music doesn't go "into" an app at all, any you can have as many music player apps as you like and they all see the same files. And there's nothing stopping you just copying your iTunes library over usb to the phone.

Some players certainly let you edit tags, though I personally prefer to use a computer for that (a real keyboard and a bigger screen will always be more comfortable).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones