1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

General questions thread/discussion (New to Android/M7?)Support

1. Tink-GB

Tink-GB Well-Known Member

Yep...First download the latest version of the Play Store.

The new version is horribly pale green and personally I don't like it.

Anyway it's version 4.0.26 and you can get it from:
    Androidheadlines.com/2013/04/google-play-gets-updated-to-v4-0-26-get-your-apk-here.html

After downloading, you will have to go into your Security settings and tick the option for "Unknown Devices" allowing you to install apps from outside the Play Store.

then install it from your Downloads folder

It looks quite good actually if you use facebook a lot.
    Didn't allow it to always load "always" instead of Sense 5 so I could switch it off.

I uninstalled it today actually...

Tell me what you think.

I have a Vodafone Contract HTC One...It gets rid of all Vodafone recommendations too...the version I had installed previously was 3.1 something...way behind the stock version...As it treats it as an upgrade you can always uninstall Play Store too if you want.
  2. emf1138

emf1138 Well-Known Member

Loving the phone so far...

I noticed that when I'm making a call and I have to go through a phone tree or a queue and I have to hit the "1" on the keypad there's some contact options pop-up window that comes up. Can I disable this?

Second, I got really excited about the native Yahoo support in the Sense 5.0 mail, but how do I enable push notification? Right now it is set to Smart Sync and I don't see any "push" options.

Lastly, I'm using Go Pro as my sms, since I like the emoji kb and also having individual text alerts sounds for certain contacts. Is there anyway to disable the text notification sounds when I'm in the app and having a text conversation? If the app is open, everytime that person responds to a text, the notification sound plays, very annoying. I'd much rather use the built in Messages up if they supported those two feature (emoji and notifications)

Thanks!
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

1. not that I am aware of.

2. native HTC email app does not support push it seems. this may be addressed in a future update. perhaps open a ticket with HTC and advise them you need yahoo push support on their native client. you can install the yahoo app from the store and that will give you push. I know the EVO lte has push
    support for yahoo in the htc app.

3. send the dev of the app an email.
    KOLIO and emf1138 like this.
  4. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

AT&T version...

Still no way to kill City ID without rooting I guess?
    I *HATE* that app.....
  5. broadwayblue

broadwayblue Well-Known Member

Loving the One so far, two days in. But when I send a text to my wife's phone (917) 555-1212 it doesn't arrive up on her phone. A minute later I get a text message saying my "message was successfully delivered to an answering machine or voicemail at (817) 555-1212. Thanks for using Text to Landline!" What could be causing this?
  6. marctronixx

broadway, you sent an SMS message to a LANDLINE phone. Sprint converted the SMS to voice as it detected it was calling a landline phone.

re check the number you sent the SMS too.. ;)
  7. broadwayblue

Take a look at the numbers again. I sent the text message to my wife's cell, a 917 area code. But I'm being told it was sent to an 817 area code (obviously someone's land line.) When she sends a text to me the alert at the top indicates it came from her 917 number, but the actual message appears under the thread for an 817 contact. Very weird.
  8. emf1138

emf1138 Well-Known Member

Switched to Chomp SMS. Much much much much nicer. Still has the annoying notification sounds while in a chat. I emailed support and they got RIGHT BACK TO ME TODAY. Said it's not a function... yet. They noted feedback, whatever that means. Hopefully they address it in the future.

On a side note, I setup my ME.COM (apple icloud) email and it was BEYOND easy. Just had to enter my email address and Sense Mail did the rest!! Very nice!!
    marctronixx likes this.
  9. marctronixx

What I can tell you for sure is the system sent your SMS to a landline phone. This is why you received the return message.

I saw your numbers bolded. :)

10. broadwayblue

Strange that the network is seeing my 9 as an 8, no?
  11. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Was the number ported from another carrier, or did it used to be a landline possibly? I know we recently in the last year changed our landline over to a Sprint cell based number.

P.S. Broadway/Mods I'd recommend removing the wife's actual phone number from the prior post before/after this gets resolved. Protecting your personal data is important in these days.
    marctronixx likes this.
  12. flairmedk

flairmedk Well-Known Member

You are mostly correct. It will not push the mail however you can setup a time frame for it to refresh. If you use a low time it will eat up more battery life. You can also have it sync mail when you open the app. Just enter your username and password it should setup for you. Then go to settings and make changes for how you want the email to behave.
  13. marctronixx

Was this an error? setting a lower time should NOT use more battery power.

also installing the yahoo app will give you push service if that is important.
  14. flairmedk

flairmedk Well-Known Member

I probably should have worded that better. If you set the email to check more frequently it will eat up battery. Say setting it to check every 15 minutes vs. every hour. Every 15 will use more battery. sorry for the confusion.
    marctronixx likes this.
  15. dazek

dazek Well-Known Member

I went from a desire to a one X that was plagued by the WiFi antenna problem. As it was out of guarantee, I went for the upgrade to a one. All good so far but two initial observations. I'm missing the recent apps button. I used this all the time (also on the nexus 7). Also i hate the metro type desktop. What are others thoughts on this and what are the workarounds?

I used the apex frontend on the one X but if I use that again am I just replicating my one X! I thought I would try the new HTC Sense for a bit.

Interested to hear what you have to say.

Cheers

Daz
  16. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

a double tap on the home button will do it.

you change the apps on bottom from the app drawer
  17. Tim Hitchings

Tim Hitchings New Member

My prior T-Mobile HTC myTouch 4G had a HTC mail widget. The HTC One doesn't seem to have one. Is that true?
    Thanks
    Tim
  18. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx Active Member

Yeah it seems they have done away with most of there sense widgets and the email one seems to be one of them pulled, I'm using the ATT variant.
  19. Abird!

Abird! Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to enable swype? I enabled the trace keyboard but seems a little sluggish and I prefer swype but can't figure out how to get it working or is it considered the same thing in the Ones mind :confused:
  20. marctronixx

settings/language & keyboard/tap on "swype".

does that not enable it for you?

when you are doing something that requires keyboard, you get the keyboard icon up top on the screen. tick it and you will also see your keyboard list populate there also.
    Abird! likes this.
  21. Abird!

Abird! Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh such a noob move lol I had no idea pressing that keyboard icon brought up options, going thru settings wasn't working for me :s: got it working thank you!!! :itsme:
    marctronixx likes this.
  22. StreakingSilve

StreakingSilve New Member

I recently got the HTC One and I really like the phone but I'm kinda worried because it only has one wake button that turns the phone on. I don't want the button to wear out. Is there a way to use the volume buttons so I can wake the phone? Also is the a way for the screen to turn on if I see a notification instead of just a sound/vibrate?
    marctronixx likes this.
  23. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I wouldn't worry about it only having one way to wake the screen, it's designed to be pressed thousands of times, so I'm sure it will be fine. :)

If you're that worried, I'm sure Widget Locker has an option to wake the screen with the volume buttons.

Re the notifications, you could use something like Lite Flow to handle notifications as opposed to the stock apps? You can configure that to have the LED flash for notifications so you know when something is waiting for you. There's also an option to have the screen turn on as well.
    StreakingSilve and marctronixx like this.
  24. So that's it as far as I know... This is my 3rd HTC phone, I've had the Hero and Evo 3D, both for at least a year and a half each, and I've never had a problem with the power button for waking the phone and powering on/off. Never had a problem with the volume buttons either, for that matter.
    marctronixx likes this.
  25. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I concur. I have had the HTC Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, Hero, Evo 4g, Evo 3D, EVO 4G LTE, and now the One and I have never had an issue with the Power or Volume Buttons.
    marctronixx likes this.