General QuestionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. cordogg

cordogg Member

i did notice and check out the assistive light widget. it does the same thing but it is big, non-resizeable and ugly. lol. i was wandering more so about all apps with widgets in general. are some widgets not available on the S3 that are available on other phones?

2. Poboy

Poboy Well-Known Member

On my old phone you could long press on an image in the web browser and select share to copy the image into an MMS for example. On this you can only share the URL or save the image to share. How Can i get this feature back?
  3. 2KMM201

2KMM201 New Member

How do I navigate to the Samsung photo editor. I can't seem to find it. Thanks
  4. ssmiffy14

ssmiffy14 Member

am reposting in the hope that someone can help!!! lol
    Looking4beach likes this.
  5. bennybbc

bennybbc Well-Known Member

The deal breaker for the stock flashlight was that it is a single button press light. What I mean by that is that you only have to press the widget once and the LED is on. This means it's too easy to accidentally light it up which can be inconvenient at times. Also, if you accidentally light it up under certain circumstances it could stay on and drain your battery. I don't know if there is some sort of safeguard for this but I don't want to find out.

I use one of the many apps available on the Play store and you open the app with a tap and then you have to tap the button in the center of the screen to activate the LED. It also has choices for other effects such as a variable strobe light and whatever. But I just wanted the flashlight part.

6. bennybbc

bennybbc Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. This isn't a very busy thread so maybe starting your own or finding another existing thread will give you an answer a little quicker. Or, maybe it's just that nobody knows the answer.

ssmiffy14 likes this.
  7. ec34500

ec34500 Well-Known Member

I think this is the same issue I had on my old phone, it wouldn't let me log in and said that same message with the hotmail app, i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still wouldn't work, but then I tried downloading it from searching it online and getting it from the browser play store - eventually it just started working again, hope you get it!
  8. ssmiffy14

ssmiffy14 Member

thanks - I'll give that a go and let you know if it works!
  9. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

OK - you got it - now - I can't find it. Can you help? My other issue is I'm not seeing an address bar. .

I'm sure that they are both DOH's. LOL

10. jnf_goonie

jnf_goonie Member

Hey guys. I am trying to make an outgoing call and I get a "Not allowed by SIM" error. I rebooted the phone and I'm not getting this anymore but anyone seen/heard of this before? I'm on the Rogers network if that makes a difference.
  11. TheOnlyRick

TheOnlyRick Well-Known Member

ADW launcher is excellent and lets you do this. There's a lot of trial and error needed though to get the most out of it.

12. Cheng8

Cheng8 Well-Known Member

When on my home screen, i pinch to open up the page choose and there is an annoying robot voice that says "open home screen page edit", how do I disable this?
    I looked about in sounds but cant see to find anything lol.
  13. rabiddawgs

rabiddawgs Well-Known Member

Settings>> access>> talk
  14. mted558

mted558 Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue. Anyone know who to disable this?
  15. scooz16

scooz16 Well-Known Member

I have my phone set to save photos taken to my SD card. Do screen shots and downloaded photos also save to the card or do they save to the phone. I"m thinking phone but just want to be sure.

16. rabiddawgs

Screenshots save to phone memory not sure if that can be changed. I am guessing that dl pics are saved to phone
  17. Cheng8

Cheng8 Well-Known Member

I looked at this setting and it was off already, and yeah the noise went away without me doing anything, strange right? lol.

Try the above: Settings>> accessibility >> talk
  18. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Since no one answered my question, I will myself since I have my SIII now. YES, the SIII records movies with stereo sound. When held landscape the top mic (normally sound canceling mic) will record sound from stage left. The bottom mic (phone mic) will record sound from stage right. So there is no sound cancellation while recording a movie.

New question, and this is bugging me!

How do you turn off the LED notification for GMail?

No LED setting in GMail and I even unchecked all three settings in Settings/LED Indicator but the LED still flashes blue when I have an unread GMail. Help!
  19. Pbaff

Pbaff Member

If you want to switch out of the mobile view you have to click the settings button (whatever the bottom left one is called) and then check the "request desktop site'' box. I'm not sure why you can't see the address bar.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  20. mted558

mted558 Well-Known Member

Mine was already off but the message is still there. I created a folder on one of my home screens and every time I open it I get "the folder is open" and when I close it "the folder is closed" or when I open the edit screen I get "home screen edit page open" then work space 5 of 7 (or whichever page I'm on) Any other ideas where this setting is?
  21. Cheng8

Cheng8 Well-Known Member

I was playing around with dropbox and i foolishly pushed unlink account and now i cant get back on it.

Im not sure which email i used, i tried everyone that is linked to my S3 and they are all unrecongised.

Will it be my samsung accounts email i used st the start during the initial setup of the phone? I sent an email to dropbox but no reply yet...

Sent from my Samsung S3 GT-I9300 using Forum Runner
  22. tmacftw

tmacftw New Member

What's the best launcher to download? Not sure if I wanna stick with touchwiz. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
  23. Endgame715

Endgame715 Active Member

My battery lasts 16 hours give or take. I am usually browsing Facebook and/or texting at work.

My question is how can I NOT have to crop a photo when setting a wallpaper on the home or lock screen?
  24. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

On the subject of when to charge the battery, I use a simple solution. I plug it in every night. I've been doing this for about 15 years with various PDAs and phones and never had any problems with batteries. In addition, if it gets down around 50% during the day I will charge it some if I am able.

With the combination of smart chargers being used now and the Li-Ion batteries, you can charge them whenever, and leave them plugged in as long as you like.
    JeriS likes this.
  25. rabiddawgs

what i do is bring up the picture in your gallery. get it to the size and look you want. make sure there is nothing else on the screen but that picture and then juust take a screen shot... you will not have to crop it after that. just set as your wallpapper