general thoughtsGeneral

1. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

i'm about to get a Iconia tab a501 from my current carrier... 0$ with a 3 yrs contract or 50$ with a 2 yrs one... with acheap data plan to keep the overall price as low as possible

so i'd like to know what peoples think about it, worth or not?

Advertisement
  2. chismay

chismay Well-Known Member

well...........???
    it depend on you really bro

i have a a500 and just tether to my galaxy-ace to use the 3g connection anywhere......
  3. Wisenos

what i was really asking is... how do you like it?

--edit--

but anyway, i'll grab it today
  4. Wisenos

and the toy is in the house... so far so good... runs smooth enough, installed my 32gb microSD to make sure i don't run out of memory :eek:
  5. RMinMN

RMinMN Active Member

It's a good thing you added the 32G card. I have only the 16G of internal memory and with my chosen apps and music I only have about 12G free yet.
  6. Valkillmore

Valkillmore Well-Known Member

I am starting to like my A500 more now that I got my dropped wifi issue fixed for now. I believe my router was mishandling the connection, the more I read about my DIR-655 router.

As far as I understand, the only diff between the a501 and a500 is the 3G capability. I also do what chismay does and tether my a500 tablet to my phone (Galaxy Nexus) and use it's 3G connection. Great for AudioGalaxy app so I can stream music right off my home HDD, and watch YouTube vids in my truck on the go, while I leave my phone in the 12 V charging mount for calls.

Good idea with the 32 GB card as well.
  7. Wisenos

day 6: i experienced 2-3 random reboot/turn off but so far i love that little tegra beast
  8. RMinMN

RMinMN Active Member

Were the reboots part of the upgrade process? Mine upgraded the operating system from 3.01 when I got it to 3.21 in 3 steps, each requiring a reboot. Once up to date it has been stable.
  9. Wisenos

I got 3.2 out of the box and i don't think Roters would be fast enough to push 3.2.1 now... i remember with my sony ericsson xperia x10... we had the updates about 2 months after release
  10. Wisenos

also, thw stock browser shuts itself sometimes
  11. Wisenos

just talked with customer service and he told me ICS update should begin around mid-march
  12. Wisenos

so contacted Rogers to know about the ICS update and been told they wouldn't offer support for Acer product anymore... what to do?
    i'm contacting Acer with this
    ---------
    **edit**
    contacted acer and need served very kindly and the tech told me he was goin to contact his superior with the issue of carriers not supporting products