• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Generic tablet wont start up

Taryairy

Lurker
Apr 4, 2014
Hi there!

First off I would like to mention that I'm new to android and received my very first android tablet this morning. :D It is a 7" Q88s, Allwinner A23 4.2.2 tablet.

I had it connected to the charger (it came with 60% battery) and began downloading apps. As i was doing this, the screen went black with the backlight still on and after several long minutes, I held down the power button for 20-30 seconds hoping it would restart but it never did. That was 2-3 hours ago and I have left the charger plugged in, tried the power + sound up button combination and connecting it to my macbook but nothing shows up. It just seems - dead. I've read some threads where 'flash' :thinking: works but I don't have an sd card.

Hoping I can get it to work again without having to contact the seller. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones