• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geniatech Enjoy TV

Ok I am not sure what you mean but I am no expert. The TVIX uses a sigma chipset which is said to not support flash. Realtek 1185 had no flash support but the 1186 does as used in the new Xtreamer Prodigy. If it was a software limitation then Realtek could program around it but they did not, released revised chipset instead.
My FV-1 has no problem playing flash videos and catch up tv and I understand it is Samsung based but my Geniatech cannot although I know they are working on it.

Which version of firmware you are using now?

Upvote 0
I have tried lots of their firmwares. The firmwares that have full market access are the worse with no catchup tv support. These have flash 10.2 Froyo built in which cannot be updated changed as I suspect that is the problem.
I have also tried several versions of the standard firmware all of which can access catchup tv but are very jerky as to be unwatchable. I have also changed the browser setting from Ipad to desktop etc. with little to no affect. Geniatech have advised me that they are working on the problem and a new firmware will be released in the next few weeks.
Interestingly they sent me a table of someone elses testing in Australia of different firmwares and settings for catchup tv so as I say they are geniune in trying to fix the problem.

Upvote 0
I have tried lots of their firmwares. The firmwares that have full market access are the worse with no catchup tv support. These have flash 10.2 Froyo built in which cannot be updated changed as I suspect that is the problem.
I have also tried several versions of the standard firmware all of which can access catchup tv but are very jerky as to be unwatchable. I have also changed the browser setting from Ipad to desktop etc. with little to no affect. Geniatech have advised me that they are working on the problem and a new firmware will be released in the next few weeks.
Interestingly they sent me a table of someone elses testing in Australia of different firmwares and settings for catchup tv so as I say they are geniune in trying to fix the problem.
Which catchup TV website you are testing with?

Upvote 0
In short time Geniatech will releases Android v2.3 :D

That's great news, hopefully they are working on some improvements to the media player UI too.

Well, did you tested it? Was it ok? Did it work?

Yes I gave it ago but wasn't practical, the spashtop app is suited to touch controls and doesn't work well with the remote, in addition there was very clear colour degradation on screen from compressing the video stream on Splashtops servers end.

I've noticed also that Flash is trying to auto update itself to 10.3 but failing. You could probably manually replace/update it via Titanium backup if anyone is feeling brave enough.

P.S. if anyone from Geniatech is reading this, port Geexbox (linux/XBMC distro that already runs on Arm SoC's) to your box and offer as an option to boot from SDCard or USB flash drive and it would be a very hot commodity.

Upvote 0
I have upgraded my ATV1000 with the new firmware released on 2011 09 09
but I'm having only problems linked (I suppose) to the inbuilt presence of
flash media player 10.2 not upgradeable to newest versions.
Before this upgrade, videos were very fast (with FlashPlayer.v10.3.186.3) so I ask how and where can I find a firmware (older) that gives the possibility to install and upgrade flash media player, (I'm not able to enter in http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/)
Thanks to everyone

Reactions: failla99
Upvote 0
I have upgraded my ATV1000 with the new firmware released on 2011 09 09
but I'm having only problems linked (I suppose) to the inbuilt presence of
flash media player 10.2 not upgradeable to newest versions.
Before this upgrade, videos were very fast (with FlashPlayer.v10.3.186.3) so I ask how and where can I find a firmware (older) that gives the possibility to install and upgrade flash media player, (I'm not able to enter in http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/)
Thanks to everyone

Follow the advice of next121 and use titanium backup. I was able to use this andremove the flash 10.2 and then install flash 10.3. Unfortunatley it made no difference to the catchup tv problem for me.

Upvote 0
Thanks szemo77, but if you could explain, step by step, what to do I will understand better
...I'm not expert

To install the firmware you need the proper bootloader (starting program like Busybox, Uboot, etc. ...) like in open source routers. During the compilation of software you defined platform to operate and the default startup program (our bootloader).

So Uboot (present on ATV1000 box) must have supportet image of GeeXboX firmware. On GeeXboX site i see that the have redy images for BusyBox only.
So i don't :) want brick my ATV1000. I have only RS232 set for console.

How ATV Box booting? Log from console:
Code:
Firmware started, now starting u-boot...ucl decompress
ready

U-Boot 2010.06-V1.3.2 
DRAM:  xxx MiB
NAND:  Amlogic nand flash uboot driver for m1, Version 1.0 (c) 2010 Amlogic Inc.
NAND device id: xx xx xx xx xx xx
NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xad, Chip ID: 0xad (Hynix B revision NAND 4GiB H27UBG8T2A)
1 NAND chips detected
nand0 initialized ok
SF: Got idcode c2 20 16
SF: Detected M25X32 with sector size 4096, total 4194304 bytes

SPI NOR Flash have write protect!!!
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
KGDB:  ready
MMC:   SDIO Port A: 0
Net:   select eth clk-1,source=400000000,out=50000000
Apollo EMAC
Dcache status 1
Icache status 1
ENTER U-BOOT SWITCH MODE !!!!
get_adc_sample(4): 0x3ff
get_key(): 0
Normal Start...
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
Booting from nand ...

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x800000, size 0x400000
 4194304 bytes read: OK
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
SF: Got idcode c2 20 16
SF: Detected M25X32 with sector size 4096, total 4194304 bytes

SPI NOR Flash have write protect!!!
4096 KiB M25X32 at 0:2 is now current device
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 82000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.34
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (lzma compressed)
   Data Size:    1713388 Bytes = 1.6 MiB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
Using machid 0xb8d from environment

Starting kernel ...

[    0.000000] Linux version 2.6.34 (steven@ubtsvr) (gcc version 4.4.1 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2010q1-202) ) V1.2.3 20110510.151351
[    0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [411fc091] revision 1 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7f
[    0.000000] CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing in

Upvote 0
All ok!! I have resolved installing a previous firmware released on 2011 08 04.
This firmwware hasn't flash player inside, so I haven't had problem to install
the newest version of flash player (v.10.3.186.7).
I suggest everyone to install this release and test (for me it's ok) and then,
for a 1080p HDMI output, I suggest also, to install Hdmiswitch.

The link for this firmware is: http://www.geniatech.com/down-eng/Androidtvbox/20110804.zip
(Unzipping file, you'll find two zipped file; the first, update.zip, is for firmware upgrade)
Instead Flash player and Hdmiswitch can be find in:[link removed by moderator]

Thank you szemo77 and HT1 for your advices

Upvote 0
It looks like Geniatech have blocked access to their website directory I cant see their downloads anymore or it just me ?
It's the same for me, too. At this time we can't enter (I hope only temporarly),
but if we know exact filename.zip then we can download from it.
More or less a week ago I could enter and I downloaded various files (not all files),
and among these, fortunately, also 20110804.zip file.
A little trick could be, if they mantain the same format in filename.zip, that of changing, progressively,
the date (yyyymmdd) and try...try... more times (updateyyyymmdd.zip, yyyymmdd.zip for firmware upgrade).

Upvote 0
hi,

i want to buy this product, i want some clarifications

1. it's play 1080p movies smoothly formats like mkv
2. play you tube hd smoothly
3. play online iptv smoothly.

guys my english very bad,

please reply i don't have knowledge in these players, please reply after ur answers, i put my order in asiapads.

thanks

Upvote 0
hi,

i want to buy this product, i want some clarifications

1. it's play 1080p movies smoothly formats like mkv
2. play you tube hd smoothly
3. play online iptv smoothly.

guys my english very bad,

please reply i don't have knowledge in these players, please reply after ur answers, i put my order in asiapads.

thanks
Hi arun5555, I have an ATV1000 (basic version of ATV2000) and quietly
I watch 1080p MKV on external usb hardisk (using inbuilt videoplayer),
I play youtube Hd videos and, as regard iptv, I use an application
called TVUplayer, not in full version, that permits to watch hundreds iptv channels
with interruption every two minutes (after subscription you should have vision without break),
generally with a low, not hd, video resolution, (using other applications, surely, it will be possible
watching channels with a higher video resolution).
For playing hd videos from youtube and, generally speaking, for more correct internet browsing, is important
changing web browser setting from: desktop (default) to: android.
Obviously flash player and hdmiswitch must be installed, if not, you have to install them.
I don't know other android tv devices, but I'm very enthusiast of this one.

Reactions: UPIcoBanni
Upvote 0
@arun5555
In the meantime, I have found other applications for iptv and live video streaming, that are:
SpbTV, Tv Flash, Justin.tv, Ustream, StreamMediaPlayer and VPlayer.

-SpbTv v.2.1 and TvFlash v0.9.96.2 are similar to TVUplayer (but without time restrictions or subscription)
and they make us to watch many iptv channels (not in hd resolution)
-Justin.tvPlayer v2.02 and Ustream v1.9.1 are applications that give the possibility to watch live cam
and live transmissions from around the world
-StreamMediaPlayer v3.2.3 and VPlayer v0.9.9 are media players with which is possible to play iptv and audio/video streams, inserting in URL search, a correct ip address (http, rtsp).
I think that if you buy it, you will remain satisfied.

Upvote 0
@arun5555
In the meantime, I have found other applications for iptv and live video streaming, that are:
SpbTV, Tv Flash, Justin.tv, Ustream, StreamMediaPlayer and VPlayer.

-SpbTv v.2.1 and TvFlash v0.9.96.2 are similar to TVUplayer (but without time restrictions or subscription)
and they make us to watch many iptv channels (not in hd resolution)
-Justin.tvPlayer v2.02 and Ustream v1.9.1 are applications that give the possibility to watch live cam
and live transmissions from around the world
-StreamMediaPlayer v3.2.3 and VPlayer v0.9.9 are media players with which is possible to play iptv and audio/video streams, inserting in URL search, a correct ip address (http, rtsp).
I think that if you buy it, you will remain satisfied.
Comes from India, undertesting.

Upvote 0
If someone has a problem with market, or you do not see some applications use this is update: http://www.4shared.com/file/-mAdC0q9/update.html

Procedure is the same as a regular update from SD card. Copy file to SD root, then from Setup-> Private take an update.

Its a Market 1.82 package for Android 2.2 Amlogic AML8726-M platform. Tested sucessfull at ATV1000.

:/ Adobe Flash 11 update crash, because its released for support Android 3.x
I use now Flash v10.2.157.51 - no problem with use in apps.

Newer versions require update 1.82 first.

Next stable Market 2.2.1: (works perfect like 1.82)
http://www.mediafire.com/?4d3azj5eukegd4e

And new unstable Market 3.0.26: (not for use ;[ for me, search is broken)
http://www.mediafire.com/?o93dd82zsvtmulq

Other apps with automatic update form market was no problem.
:D hehe i can say Flawless victory like in Mortal Combat.

Reactions: gio965
Upvote 0
Hi all, I hope that you will accept me in this thread, I have a neoniQ Android intelligent TV Box which is made by Geniatech and they have confirmed with me that it is the ATV1000 released for Australia.
I have a problem that I would appreciate help with, I am trying to Update the Firmware. Geniatech have given me a link for the download, and that I should download it to my PC, then copy to an SD Card then rename the download to update.zip.

I should then disconnect the Power supply to the Box insert the SD Card, then press and keep the reset button pressed whilst connecting the power supply again to the box. This I have done numerous times, it scolls through the sequence and then the screen stops with the following error message :
Finding Update Package
Opening Update package
Verifying Update package
Failed to open / sdcard / update.zip (No such file or directory)
E: Signature verification failed
Finding update package
E: can't mount / dev / block / sda1 (or / dev / block / sda
(no such device)
E: can't mount UDISK : update.zip
system update aborted
UPGRADING FAILED

If anyone can help, I would be very gratefull, the lady at support at Geniatech is very good, but has not come up with the answer yet, so I am hoping that someone with an ATV1000 has the solution. many thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi all, I hope that you will accept me in this thread, I have a neoniQ Android intelligent TV Box which is made by Geniatech and they have confirmed with me that it is the ATV1000 released for Australia.
I have a problem that I would appreciate help with, I am trying to Update the Firmware. Geniatech have given me a link for the download, and that I should download it to my PC, then copy to an SD Card then rename the download to update.zip.

I should then disconnect the Power supply to the Box insert the SD Card, then press and keep the reset button pressed whilst connecting the power supply again to the box. This I have done numerous times, it scolls through the sequence and then the screen stops with the following error message :
Finding Update Package
Opening Update package
Verifying Update package
Finding update package
(no such device)
system update aborted
UPGRADING FAILED

If anyone can help, I would be very gratefull, the lady at support at Geniatech is very good, but has not come up with the answer yet, so I am hoping that someone with an ATV1000 has the solution. many thanks.

You don't need to do the power/reset button thing simply turning it on and having an SDCard with update.zip on it will cause it to flash the firmware.

Re-format your SDCard as FAT32 and copy the zip file over to it then try again or try downloading the firmwares updates that were posted on the first page of this thread and flashing those instead.

Post the link as well for what Geinatech gave for the firmware update as you cant download anything direct from their site anymore.

Upvote 0

Finding Update Package
Opening Update package
Verifying Update package
Finding update package
(no such device)
system update aborted
UPGRADING FAILED

If your device is an ATV1000 100%, then update20110909.zip and update20110804.zip (that you find inside this thread) must be installed easily, otherwise, this means that (probably) you need an australian version of the firmware.
Before your upgrade, I suggest to note your actual firmware release (and, if possible, download it), because, even if you do factory reset you will not return to the original firmware but to the last installed.
In this way, if you have not particular problems with your actual firmware, you can always return to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones