• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geniatech Enjoy TV

I have a problem:
I cannot copy any file on my hard disk (NTFS) connected via USB.
For example, I cannot transfer a file from the SD Card (FAT32) to the Hard Disk or from WiFi to Hard Disk, but I can copy from Hard Disk or from WiFi to the SD card or to a USB pendrive(FAT32) ...

Does not ATV1000/Android support NTFS?
Suggestions?

thanks

NTFS - to read only (limits for android 2.3.x, not for write) if you want write files use only FAT16\32 or Ext3 files systems(Exfat - with problems)

Reactions: faoit
Upvote 0
Dear All

Im trying to make a decision to buy geniatech atv300 but am novice in all this android box stuff, i will mainly use the box for browsing, media playing and watching live television broadcast. Can any one user help me in this, the particular channel i wish to see is ahlulbayt (its a dot tv website, I cant paste address here but google it and you will get it), there is a live television link, if you could confirm it actually can play that live streaming.
Guys! pls help me in making up my mind.

cheers!!

Upvote 0
Dear All

Im trying to make a decision to buy geniatech atv300 but am novice in all this android box stuff, i will mainly use the box for browsing, media playing and watching live television broadcast. Can any one user help me in this, the particular channel i wish to see is ahlulbayt (its a dot tv website, I cant paste address here but google it and you will get it), there is a live television link, if you could confirm it actually can play that live streaming.
Guys! pls help me in making up my mind.

cheers!!

With ATV1000 works OK!

Upvote 0
Skifta.apk from the Android Market supports DLNA via wireless.

I use Nero Media Home 4 on my PC and this is DLNA compliant and can stream live TV from my PC's video card to my TV Box. I can also access other video and stuff on my PC and other logged in devices.

Thanks.
BuI if I would play a video from my smartphone directly on my TV via ATV1000???
I mean, can I play a video stored on my smartphone running an app on it and see it on my TV using the ATV1000???

Upvote 0
Thanks.
BuI if I would play a video from my smartphone directly on my TV via ATV1000???
I mean, can I play a video stored on my smartphone running an app on it and see it on my TV using the ATV1000???

If your phone is DLNA compliant and connected to your network and your TV box is connected to the same network, then the Skifta app should be able to.

Upvote 0
working on the build.prop of my ATV3000 I found this link really interesting:
www.geniatech.net - /down-eng/upgrade/ that link to the online upgrade

but if you look a few time you will see the file had been created the 01/12/2012 new firmware?

and if you go to a previous level: www.geniatech.net - /down-eng/

you will see other files (but maybe not for the ATV?)
- soft.zip refer to "Zhihe_DE.20107717,3413k_Kworld_VDE120106-02"
- stvm3-ota-20120114.120248.zip refer to magyca rom
- update.zip refer to the update20120111.zip for geniatech ATV

Reactions: cupi1234
Upvote 0
I have installed the 2.3.4 Firmware Version Update_20120111 and I have two problems:

1) the "Home" icon on the taskbar doesn't work.
If an app is running and I click on the "Home" icon on the taskbar, the main page should be opened but nothing happen.

2)the online update function is disappeared from update option.
This option was present in the previous firmware Update_20111102 release.
How can I update newest firmware from internet directly?.

Have you the same problems?

Upvote 0
Upgrade instructions are in post: 785
http://androidforums.com/3835943-post785.html

I will prepare at weekend some pack of running applications and step to do. I have a few more apps to check.

If someone have problem after upgrade with res it will have to do again only SPI 2.3 upgrade. After this the tv screen will be properly gauged.

Sounds great, looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones