• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geniatech Enjoy TV

I have a lot of idea. When you find the wifi signal too low, replace the antenna connector to rfma connector, and attach the bigger antenna.
Sadly my broadcom bt dongle not working. The Bt is very important for me...
What is the button the bottom of the ATV and what is in panel? And the 4 pin connector on the panel?

Upvote 0
It's reset button and a TTL RS232 interface for terminal debugging. Its only way to unbrick your box if you flash wrong firmware version. You need only connect to GD, TX and RX pin and ofc power on box.

Between SD card slot and internal USB connector on pcba there is a square space, I think its for the SIM card slot like that:
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1MBKmw5LrA8T1OGXbwtgvwjscMsBNUKwSmFCZvlp6wpz6TKGvZw
images

It is very interesting because we can prepare mod for support 3G.

Reactions: chanlam
Upvote 0
how to downgrade a firmware version?? i installed update20111010_Kgdtea_beta1.zip but want to replace with update20110909.zip. when i select it from sd, it reboots but nothing happens. or is it any way to get rid of the chinese letters every time i start typing in update20111010_Kgdtea_beta1.zip? and the buttons are all messed now.
anyone have the stable firmware version for atv2000?

had no luck to play NAS videos, not even with eminem player. with update20111010_Kgdtea_beta1.zip the flash playes fine, but not all HD videos. all youtube.com address is converted to m.youtube.com, no option to sellect desjtop or android or ipad.

Upvote 0
I have a lot of idea. When you find the wifi signal too low, replace the antenna connector to rfma connector, and attach the bigger antenna.
Sadly my broadcom bt dongle not working. The Bt is very important for me...
What is the button the bottom of the ATV and what is in panel? And the 4 pin connector on the panel?

I am thinking about BT is not that important, for the wireless mouse and keyboard already did most things that BT need to do. What else you want from BT?

Upvote 0
I,ve just installed...Wonderful!!

At this moment I suggest not to install it...not stable!
This beta release gives various problems (also in web browsing), so at this moment I suggest to wait for a next stable version.
If I try to come back to 20110804 release, after installation, android goes always in error (process.acore) and so I ask: what can I do to resolve and return to the earlier version?

Upvote 0
how to downgrade a firmware version?? i installed update20111010_Kgdtea_beta1.zip but want to replace with update20110909.zip. when i select it from sd, it reboots but nothing happens. or is it any way to get rid of the chinese letters every time i start typing in update20111010_Kgdtea_beta1.zip? and the buttons are all messed now.

had no luck to play NAS videos, not even with eminem player. with update20111010_Kgdtea_beta1.zip the flash playes fine, but not all HD videos. all youtube.com address is converted to m.youtube.com, no option to sellect desjtop or android or ipad.

Hi!

I dont have an answer to you. But please tell me, whet is the app for receiving DVB-T tv signal? And you dont want make a picture from motherboard?

Thank!

Upvote 0
It's reset button and a TTL RS232 interface for terminal debugging. Its only way to unbrick your box if you flash wrong firmware version. You need only connect to GD, TX and RX pin and ofc power on box.

Between SD card slot and internal USB connector on pcba there is a square space, I think its for the SIM card slot like that:
images

It is very interesting because we can prepare mod for support 3G.

See pictures, the TTL to RS232 para ATVXXXX, work fine

KGDTeam • Ver Tema - Fotos placa base Mygica Geniatech

Salu2.

Upvote 0
This beta release gives various problems (also in web browsing), so at this moment I suggest to wait for a next stable version.
If I try to come back to 20110804 release, after installation, android goes always in error (process.acore) and so I ask: what can I do to resolve and return to the earlier version?

Grabs the SD, put it into a reader on the PC, copy the update you want to install, stick sd at ATV, hit the back button while pressing the power button, the machine does the rest.

Of course, you could climb that you have your 20110804 version?.

Upvote 0
Grabs the SD, put it into a reader on the PC, copy the update you want to install, stick sd at ATV, hit the back button while pressing the power button, the machine does the rest.

Of course, you could climb that you have your 20110804 version?.
Thanks Punkored, in the meantime I resolved...pratically, my device crashed because, before downgrade,
I didn't make factory data reset (even if in other circumstances, I have had never problems)... now it's ok!!!

Upvote 0
i dont remember what soft is pre-installed to be used for DVB-T as i upgraded the firmware strait away, but as from video, i think it was HiDTV or something similar. If some one find out where to get it, let me know, i might try it.

using the back black button, i was able to downgrade the firmware.

my quest in playing video over NAS continues. still no luck. did someone tried this? any success?? is this so fu*king impossible?

Upvote 0
anyways, on the bright side, i connected via usb my external HDD and wanted to test the best video i have. i have 1080p with lots of kb/s, around 15000 kb/s (audio + video) or more. the movie is 20 gb in size, mkv (h264 + dts). to my surprised, the only player that played the file was the default one. the rest (rockplayer, vplayer, diceplayer) give errors or could not play. but the default one played no problem. superb quality, quick search, video and audio in sync. all in all, its a very good media player.
there are issues with web browser and other pieces, but i am really happy with the media support, as this is the main purpose for me. and because its constantly updated, i am sure most formats will be supported.
as nor NAS, all forums are complaining about that. so far only audio can be streamed from samba. i think it will take some time for video streaming, especially for 720/1080

Upvote 0

If you want to go back to 20110909, you have to update two SPI, one is for going back to android2.2, one is for working on android2.2, attached update_spi_all_2.2.img , don't unzip and change the name to update.img then copy to SD card and update it, after finished, update SPI for android2.2, the newest SPI for 2.2 is 20110907SPI, see attached steps in SPI pdf file.

Attachments

• update_spi_all_2.2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 171
  • 20110907 SPI update.pdf
    120.1 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
Startup and memory in ATV300:
-Boot Version: 2010.06-V1.3.4(20110621.175140)
DRAM: 512 MiB
NAND: Amlogic nand flash uboot driver for m1, Version 1.0 (c) 2010 Amlogic Inc.
NAND device id: xx xx xx xx xx xx
NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xad, Chip ID: 0xad (Hynix B revision NAND 4GiB H27UBG8T2A)
1 NAND chips detected

Hi,

From the info above, it means this ATV300 box has internal ram 512MB and internal flash drive of 4GB?

If so, why the spec in the advert said it has RAM only 256MB and no indication of internal flash drive size.

Upvote 0
Hi!

Where is the antenna for the DVB-T in the ATV2000? Is it a dongle? In that case using the dongle in the other models would be possible?

Hi, everyone,

I just register on this forum, this is a perfect forum.

Let me answer above question:

There is a small antenna for DVB-T dongle with ATV2000, and yes, you can connect your dvbt dongle to other models, but only for Geniatech Enjoy BOX product line I think.

Reactions: josjator
Upvote 0
Hi, everyone,

I just register on this forum, this is a perfect forum.

Let me answer above question:

There is a small antenna for DVB-T dongle with ATV2000, and yes, you can connect your dvbt dongle to other models, but only for Geniatech Enjoy BOX product line I think.

Thanks for the info and welcome!

Which is the dongle brand or chipset? With that information I will directly go for a ATV3000 and try to find the dongle :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones