• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geniatech Enjoy TV

hello to all after long time!
first, @faoit - i'm also interested in that. there is some apps on market, but i must say that i didn't "play" with them. so, it will be nice to hear other users.

now, my problem. i have ATV1000, and longer time i'm not using him - i bought newer box. but, now i have one idea how to use it.

as owners of that box knows, SD card is simply inserted in card reader, no "break" it is easy to pull it out, even with some plain manipulation it can pop out. and after some time and numberless inserting and pulling, contacts become loose.
and second - it simply sticks out the box! why they didn't make deeper slot?!?!
so, as you know, inside boy there are two USB slots. one is populated with keyboard/mouse receiver, and second one is free.

my idea is: i want to plug plain USB stick into that other, free slot and use it as/instead SD card.

and that is all. idea. but i'm trying to find way to do it, but no success.

so, is there any way to automount that usb stick at the boot (or during the boot) and use it INSTEAD SD card. NOT paralel, but INSTEAD SD card????

i suppose that there is some mnt/name_of_device/trick, but i'm not good at linux stuff.

please, can somebody help me?? there are some apps, but or they are not supported or do not do what i want. or better said, apps firstly need sd card to work, and AFTER installation (maybe) to mount usb.

and, just for info, OS i 2.3.4. do not ask why that old OS? simply because ICS is laggy, it is slow and i'm not sattisfied with it. rather slower and uglyer than fancy and laggy.

thanks in advance!!!

viki

Upvote 0
well i finally got the troublesome box sorted.sumvision nano slim+ m3 that would not go into recovery.and i thought i would share the fix encase anyone else every runs into it.I got this fix direct from Geniatech

1.Download this file Download MT ATV510B 20130610.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
2.Unzip and copy all files to TF card(only support TF card/sd card) root directory.
3.Insert to the box.
4.Use toothpick or other thing to press and hold the upgrade/reset button on the back of the box, then, plug in power adapter.
5.Keeping press for 5 seconds, loosen the button and it is eraseing system.
6.About 1min later, you will see upgrading screen
7.It is will reboot automatically after finished.

Upvote 0
I've installed this on my ATV1200 but there are no google apps installed. How can I downgrade to an earlier ROM?

There is Google apps access..just run play store then sign into your account..then download what you want..

If you are anything like me..I like to have the bottom bar and on this build they have taken it away again.. So a good way around it is using a little program from a XDA developer called LMT.. I am using the pie and centered to the bottom..working great

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

Be careful with this new update to 4.2.2

My box is soft brick now as it didn't shut down properly from using XBMC to scan the media to the Lib. I am waiting on support @ Geniatech to get back to me with a fix.

Upvote 0
Can any ATV1200 owners advise me on how to get into the recovery mode of the ATV1200 to force a firmware downgrade? I can apply the SPI img without problems, but I'd like to wipe and apply the update img?

To enter recovery mode, I can't seem to get the correct sequence of power off, hold reset button + hold console button, power on. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

EDIT: Problem resolved.
The issue was that I had the 0.00B internal storage bug.
Symptoms: Changes to settings wouldn't survive after reboot, I couldn't boot to recovery mode to reflash.
Cause: I had stupidly tried to install Busybox so that the Hide Bar app would work. I accepted the normal install of Busybox to /system/bin which messed with loading the recovery partition. Presumably this error arose from Busybox already existing in /system/xbin in the update_MX_20130115.img thus causing the conflict.
Solution: Used QtADB_0.8.1_Windows to establish WiFi connection to box from PC and replaced recovery.img. Booted to recovery. Factory wipe and reset. Reflashed update_spi_MX_20130115.img and then update_MX_20130115.img. Established WiFi/WAN connection. Updated kernel online. Success!
Lessons learnt: don't install Busybox unless you know what you are doing; Busybox is already installed in /system/xbin in latest firmware.
Time spent trying to restore box: 8 hours research, 2 hours connected to the box, not to mention the hours in lost sleep due to fear of bricking the box!

While I wait for Geniatech to get back to me, I might have to try this.. As it is for sure soft bricked due to this lastest 4.2.2 upgrade

Upvote 0
I haven't used my ATV1100, M1 box for a while and I have just gone back to use it and it won't/can't connect to a wifi network.

I have rebooted a couple of times and reinstalled update20120730 a couple of times but it's the same problem.

When I go to wifi settings it seems that the default setting is 'wifi off'. When I click to turn wifi on it looks busy for ages but nothing happens. If I leave that screen then come back to it wifi shows as being on but won't scan for networks and no nearby networks pop up.

What's happened??

Upvote 0
ATV1200

...just gonna throw this out there and hope :D

Does anyone know how (or even if?) to get analogue video & audio output. Drawing a blank everywhere on the net.

Ta :)

Not from the device itself, that's digital HDMI only. You might be able to get analog output from whatever you plug it into, like an A/V amp.

Reactions: MrNice
Upvote 0
Not from the device itself, that's digital HDMI only. You might be able to get analog output from whatever you plug it into, like an A/V amp.

...thanks for taking the time to post mikedt :) Do you (or anyone?) know what the RCA plugs at the back are for? Are they input only then? I since turned up some sketchy info online that an RCA / Composite type output might be possible by pressing a rest type recessed button on back of unit whilst inserting power lead which then puts unit into a kinda BIOS mode where the output can be swapped between analogue & digital. Not had the guts to try that yet incase I reset the box instead :D If I could find the same info elsewhere I'd be more confident :eek:

Z0VnOqc.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I have a brand new ATV1100 Enjoy TV box; today, right after wifi configuration, the system asked me to update, so I did

After the upgrade, the HiDTV application was there no more, and I can't find a way to reinstall it; now, I can't watch dvb-t

I searched for the .apk but every version I install tell me it can't find usb dongle (sure, it's integrated!)..

Then I tryed to upgrade to older versions, 4.0.1 and 2.3 which have HiDVT bundled, from geniatech website but the Upgrade App didn't recognize the update.img (I think 'cause is an older firmware), and I don't know how to flash reboot

Can someone please help me?

Thank you,

Sanjuras

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
hi , i want to ask something

i have an atv2000 but since the ics firmware came out i didn't use it (because of the audio lag)

i have tried the firmware for pivos (linux) and its seems ok but i can't get video/audio from the rca plugs (the hdmi was ok but i want to connect it to an older tv)

so anyone knows if it's possible to have audio/video from rca with pivos firmware or if there is any android firmware for atv2000 which is OK for movies ? (using xbmc)

thanks

Upvote 0
Anyone who knows a way to start up (boot) the Geniatech MyGica ATV1200 with A/V output signal, without having to connect through hdmi first?

It seems you have to change the video output mode in the settings, but then you need a hdmi input monitor/tv first, and I haven't got one (that's why I bought the ATV1200 in the first place, for its A/V-out feature).

Is there an alternative way of changing this setting, e.g. via the LAN-port?

And am I right that there is no A/V-signal at all, if you don't set it first? I get black screen, no sound, green led on ATV1200 front.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones