• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geniune REAL battery consumption and LeeDroid 2.3d

deanshep85

Android Expert
Nov 22, 2010
UK
first off this ISN'T a whine at battery life in the Desire at all...yes we all know smartphone batteries suck blah blah blah....dont wanna hear that crap no more...this is just bout ACTUAL consumption times with a certain ROM.

Im using Leedroid 2.3d and I just wanna hear from other 2.3d users ONLY about consumption times, as mine are differing quite a bit as of late.

Im running from full charge for maybe 10 hours down to almost dead but with on a good day;

30-40 minutes music,
15-20 minutes internet (STOCK BROWSER),
20 minutes internet (OPERA MINI BROWSER),
10 minutes internet (Market and updating apps etc),
5 minutes roughly camera or gallery use,
20 minutes messing bout with themes, icons etc,
20 minutes games,
20 minutes calling,
5-10 text messages,

these are rough but somewhat along the right lines in terms of figures...just wanna know if the 14 hours there bouts is on par with most other people rates with leedroid 2.3d

oh and the hsdpa connection is ONLY on when using internet, wifi isnt present, syncing is OFF and GPS is off also...with full screen brightness..

remember I wanna hear REAL accounts...not someone saying they get 30 hours out of it when they dont use the phone...I wanna see accounts of using the phone in a daily situation and it has to be running Leedroid 2.3d as well so I can compare to see if mine is running right or if I need to fiddle with it..

I don't use Leedroid anymore but I used to do the following: -

Take phone off charge at 7:15am.
Do nothing until about 8:15am when I get the bus to work.
Listen to music for ~40 minutes, send a couple of texts, play mahjong/angry birds, check a few sites, email, facebook etc.
Send about 15+ texts throughout the day.
Later on the way home, listen to music/send texts/play games/check sites/email/facebook again for about half an hour.

After all that I would've had around 65% battery left. I used an undervolted 875mv HAVS kernel and used setcpu to underclock the processor to 256mhz when the screen is off.

Upvote 0
Running LeeDroid 2.3d and this is my battery consumption

1-2 hours gaming
100 texts
5 minutes calling
30 minutes internet
30 minutes updating apps
30 minutes music
15 minutes camera
1 hour random applications (pulse, appbrain, Note Everything, Dropbox, ...)
30 minutes facebook

Screen brightness 40%
Syncing ON
WIFI OFF
Bluetooth OFF
only hsdpa

Also using SetCPU "ScreenOFF" methode

I get about 12-13 hours out of it.

Upvote 0
LeeDroid uses Smartass governor which has its own screen off profile so you don't need Setcpu for that.

LeeDroid or not, the biggest drain on my battery is 3g especially if the signal is bad. My battery lasts much longer at home with WiFi.

That's why I turn 3G off until I need to use it. The phone will pick a bad 3G connection over a decent 2G connection, which means battery drain as well as a bad signal for receiving/making/sending calls/texts.

Upvote 0
LeeDroid uses Smartass governor which has its own screen off profile so you don't need Setcpu for that.

LeeDroid or not, the biggest drain on my battery is 3g especially if the signal is bad. My battery lasts much longer at home with WiFi.

well im gonna give setcpu a days trial just to see if theres anything there to gain...cant hurt really, because im not 100% sure that leedroid is sorting battery perfectly. Though I do know we dont need to do the battery calibration with 2.3d that was back in 2.2 time I believe.

And yea I know 3G is the worst for drain, that why mine is always off now unless needed...I dont have access to wifi at home anymore so thats a lil bit of annoyance.

Upvote 0
I've used Leedroid for ages (since v1.7) The current version is amongst the best for battery life (v1.9 was really good as well). I'm an average user with similar use to you and I can easily get a whole 24 hours and still have 40-50% left. Couple of things to note which will affect the battery

Major thing is phone signal. If you're in a poor reception area, the phone will continually be trying to boost the signal and this will drain your battery. This is true for all phones not just smartphones.

If you are able to use wifi, I recommend that you do. My wifi is on constantly and therefore I'm not having to use the mobile network so much. My gps is also on all the time.

I'm assuming you have done the battery conditioning described elsewhere in these forums?

Also worth stopping regular synching of facebook / twitter / weather in the background.

EDIT: just noticed the above replies. Should have read them first. Also worth checking that you don't have a roughe app keeping your phone partially awake. Facebook has a tendency to do this. I also occasionally see random battery drain and when I check there is a suspend process holding the cpu on full power. Reboot if this is occuring. What Radio are you using? 5.14.05.17 seems to be pretty good for me

Upvote 0
I've used Leedroid for ages (since v1.7) The current version is amongst the best for battery life (v1.9 was really good as well). I'm an average user with similar use to you and I can easily get a whole 24 hours and still have 40-50% left. Couple of things to note which will affect the battery

Major thing is phone signal. If you're in a poor reception area, the phone will continually be trying to boost the signal and this will drain your battery. This is true for all phones not just smartphones.

If you are able to use wifi, I recommend that you do. My wifi is on constantly and therefore I'm not having to use the mobile network so much. My gps is also on all the time.

I'm assuming you have done the battery conditioning described elsewhere in these forums?

Also worth stopping regular synching of facebook / twitter / weather in the background.

EDIT: just noticed the above replies. Should have read them first. Also worth checking that you don't have a roughe app keeping your phone partially awake. Facebook has a tendency to do this. I also occasionally see random battery drain and when I check there is a suspend process holding the cpu on full power. Reboot if this is occuring. What Radio are you using? 5.14.05.17 seems to be pretty good for me

when you say battery conditioning are you talking bout the thing describe on LeeDroid mini site? as in....charge it when on till green light, turn it off, charge till green light...turn it on charge till green light etc?

because if so, the latest 2.3d DOESNT need that, it was sorted that I believe from 2.3b it wasn't needed anymore due to the way that leedroid manages the battery or something..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones