• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gensoid LITE

Monkman

Lurker
Jul 31, 2010
I did a search beforehand, but couldn't find an answer to this question.

I downloaded the LITE version of Gensoid. I know it says save states are only available to the full version, but I assumed the in game save would work. I tested it immediately (didn't want to get into a game and not be able to save at all) and to my dismay it didn't work. I emailed the dev and he confirmed that even in game saving is not available on the lite version. Kinda makes the LITE version totally useless doesn't it?

Anyway, my real question is if there is a way to get the emulator to save without paying 3.50 for the full version? I know what many people will say/think; "It's only $3.50, just buy it." But there are plenty of free emulators out there for PC, not sure why I would pay for one on my phone.

If anyone has any ideas or tips, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Not sure if it's one of the games you want to enable save in, but to get in-game save working on Sonic 3 & Knuckles in Gensoid search zophar.net for Sonic 3 and Knuckles hacks, there you will find "Patch 2". Apply this to the ROM using ips-win, and Gensoid will save the game as you progress (without the need for save states :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones