Gentle Alarm: Best Alarm Clock App for Android

1. OnPointPro

OnPointPro New Member

I initially just started poking around looking for an alarm application that would allow me to assign ringtones (Moto Droid) that I created to be used for my morning alarm. Luckily I stumbled on Gentle Alarm and I've been using it ever since. Gentle Alarm not only allows you to assign any sound file on your phone to be used as an alarm, but it also has the most comprehensive list of features of any alarm program that I've found. You can set up multiple alarms and profiles, but one of the things that I thought was a cool feature is what they refer to as pre-alarm. You can have a pre-alarm go off a set interval ahead of your normal alarm. Another great feature is that you can have the alarm gradually increase in volume to a desired maximum volume. There is also a safe alarm function that will have a blaring buzzer alarm go off a set interval after your normal alarm at full phone volume just in case you sleep through it. You can also set the number of snoozes, and the interval between them for a totally custom setup. The developer is also extremely responsive in communication and editing the program based on the users experience. No more abrupt annoying alarms in my morning ritual any more. Just a nice soothing gradual way to wake up and start my day.

Advertisement
    PolicyWonk and UK_gnubie like this.
  2. humblepie

humblepie Member

i think Gentle Alarm is a great alarm. Really got to know this alarm from Download Squad and some of the highlight features here.

What i really like is the CAPTURA which is really innovative.
    id05dav likes this.
  3. UK_gnubie

UK_gnubie New Member

I have to agree.
    Gentle Alarm is one of the first apps I downloaded and installed, shortly after acquiring my new Galaxy S2 in the past couple of weeks.
    It's marvellously configurable, and though I am not currently using its pre-alarm feature, I love having it GENTLY sound, g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y increasing in volume. I am using the rowing boat sound file to awaken and it IS gentle and quite unobtrusive.
    I also like the 3 snooze periods, with a decreasing time gap between each.
    I'll mention too that I like the room to be as dark as possible when I'm sleeping, so I choose violet (nearly as dark as it can be), and set the brightness to minimum so that if I choose to leave the phone connected to a charging stand, with the display on, I am not disturbed by the fairly minimal amount of light transmitted.

I am now also searching for the best talking alarm app I can find, but as far as this one goes, I think it's hard to beat or match.
    It's a paid app I am happy to have and use :)

4. Tazumm

Tazumm Member

I've been using gentle alarm forever. I love being able to choose what I am awakened to, recently changed the alarm to LMFAO singing wiggle-wiggle-wiggle. That get's me going in the mornings. The ability to set a limited number of snoozes is handy too. 2 snoozes for me and it's not gonna let me go back to sleep lol.

The transparent background is nice too, I like being able to see my live wallpaper when I'm groaning about having to get out of bed in xx minutes.
  5. wats

wats Member

cool app