Geo-tag photo not working on HTC TattooSupport

Last Updated:

1. bfradio

bfradio New Member This Topic's Starter

Geo-tagging is not working on my Tattoo. When I set phone to geo-tag photos, the resulting photo does not have location data. I have confirmed that Camera > Settings > Geo-tag photos is <on>, and phone Settings > Location > Enable GPS Satellites is checked. I have also confirmed that when taking a photo the satellite icon is initially on the screen and switches to the cross-hair symbol to indicate that GPS has determined location. However, when I navigate to the photo album from camera mode and view the just taken photo and view its details both the Lat and Long equal zero and the location is USA which is not correct. I am currently in Kazakhstan.

I have read that there are apps available to geo-tag photos, but the Tattoo should be capable of geo-tagging photos without an app.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem or does anyone know what is causing the problem and how to fix it?

Best Regards,
    bfradio

Advertisement
  2. steevc

steevc Member

I have the same problem. I made sure the phone had a GPS lock before taking the pictures, but just get zero lat/long.

3. brandmarked

brandmarked Well-Known Member

I never really looked at this before. But I have the same problem.

I thought it might be something to do with Footprints, but appears not.

Hmmm.....

4. steevc

steevc Member

I've found that the photos do get the GPS coordinates, but the built-in photo app doesn't show them. Seems like a silly bug.

I've always thought it would be useful to have the coordinates for each photo. Apps like Picasa can plot them on a map.

5. radmaj

radmaj New Member

Hello
    Did you found solution of this problem ???

6. neilghosh

neilghosh New Member

The conversation with Mr Junaid Khan from customer care was total waste of time for me. 1st of all he asked me to explain the problem again what I had communicated to HTC via email about phone many times and I was expecting a solution. He confused my problem with Footprint asked me to take photo with footprint which is not at all possible.Photos can not be saved by footprints. Finally when I managed to explain him the problem he asked me to Uncheck the timestamp in camera settings then it will work but the earlier representative said the other way.Both ways it does not work. Finally he asked me to take a photo and check and said it should come. I did the same but still problem remained. He did not even escalate the problem to higher supervisor even if he could not solve the problem. Finally he put me on hold two times each for a long period and said that he checked with his Tiwan team that this feature is not available in my phone HTC Tatoo. This kind of careless response from HTC is not acceptable. There is a option checkbox for geo tagging in phone , Is that a dummy one.Is that for cheating people while buying? Also my friend's Tattoo Phone is able to geo-tag photos taken from camera , Image attached below please check the phone model and latitude longitude value in that.Why is this feature not available in my phone.I would have to take leagal action if HTC does not respond to it positively within a week.Please arrange a call with higher responsible person , I don't want to waste my time talking to people who doesn't even know the phone well.